Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

He’d be an asset in a mid table championship side.

He could do a job for a team fighting relegation as he is a good ball winner. Southampton could do worse

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

He could do a job for a team fighting relegation as he is a good ball winner. Southampton could do worse

We shouldn't be strengthening any of our rivals! 

2 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

Marv is the one player that I wont knock, Bailey, Buendia, Coutinho, them 3 have all flattered to deceive (to put it mildly) Marv on the other hand has been a solid little player for us, he's not the best but he comes in and does a job to the best of his abilities.

Is he good enough? definitely not, but we have known his limitations since pretty much day 1,  time for him to be moved on but I hope he gets a good club where he will be a regular starter

agree with this, hes a backup squad player, not good enough for where we want to be but has performed suitably for the price/expectation that he came in with. I think Dendonker is an upgrade, arguably now Marv is in the way of a youth players development.

When did he actually last play for us? We've seen from signing guys like Barkley and Drinkwater who basically go to clubs to semi retire their match intensity is miles off.

Clubs will look at Nakamba and think he needs a proper pre season before he can do anything worthwhile so that would hint at more of a summer move although guess a loan is possible if he goes somewhere where he isn't expected to start straight away.

Marv looked good for that spell pre injury last season and at various times during his stint with us. 

He also knows his own game and limitations. 

I don't think he tries whatever Dendocker was trying there in the final few minutes yesterday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HolteExile said:

Marv looked good for that spell pre injury last season and at various times during his stint with us. 

He also knows his own game and limitations. 

I don't think he tries whatever Dendocker was trying there in the final few minutes yesterday. 

He looked good as the sole DM (more destructive) - more so than Luiz did when he played sole DM in my opinion.

Of course, a new manager switching up to a 'double pivot' probably doesn't suit Nakamba's natural play as much.  He isn't as comfortable on the ball which seems to be what Emery wants (and, to be honest, what you'd want with 2 holding midfielders - an ability to keep the ball).

16 hours ago, Davkaus said:

We gave Brugges over £40m for this guy, Engels, and Wesley. I wonder if they've stopped laughing yet

Engels came from the French League but yeah the Belgian clubs love us. Another 11 million or so on Kalinic and Samatta

Â