Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

He tries his best but I was baffled people were hyping him up as some sort of DM maestro on basis of 2-3 decent games when Gerrard came in. Considering he's been here 3 years it was a very small sample size to base things on.

12 months left so guess he'll be moved on with no word on new contract.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

His positioning is so bad 

The DMC role is about anticipation and intercepting breaking play up, he's never where he should be, City moving him around with ease 

This has always been the main problem with him in my eyes, even more than his clear lack of PL quality with the ball. When he came on today he did not help stiffen up our midfield at all which is the most basic minimum expectation when you bring on a defensive midfielder into a game. Not the only player who failed to turn up in the final 15 minutes to be fair but after months of ridiculous hype I think it's questionable whether he's actually good enough to even be a squad player for us. 

Edited by david-avfc
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I genuinely cannot remember a single game where he wasnt shit.

I think that's a little harsh. He had a few matches earlier this year where he showed signs of having improved.

Furthermore, someone made a good point in today's post-match thread that we lost our shape after switching to a 4 man midfield. It was a tactical mistake.

That said, I think it's obvious that he has limited ability. We're going to sign a new DM, McGinn or Dougie will end up a backup. and Naka will be gone.

• Like 1

He's awful. He didn't help get us promoted and he didn't really do much to help keep us up so unlike other shit players I just don't have a soft spot for him. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Haha 2

Another we need to move on this summer. Lets sign two new midfielders (Kamara and Bissouma maybe?) and use Iroegbunam as backup 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Another we need to move on this summer. Lets sign two new midfielders (Kamara and Bissouma maybe?) and use Iroegbunam as backup 

That would be a smart way of doing it.

Kamara with Bissouma slightly advanced and we can push Bissouma back to 6 for certain games as he did a great job sitting at Spurs recently so endless flexibility and all for 30m probably.

Yes big wages but that's a consequence of trying to get up the league.

9 hours ago, Hairdo said:

One of our best players when Gerrard first came in. When he got injured everyone on here was gutted and couldn't wait for him to come back.

One bad game, where he shouldn't have been brought on in the first place btw, and suddenly he's the worst player the club has ever seen.

Some of the people on here need to take a step back and give their heads a bit of a wobble.

Yeah he's limited, and will probably be a bit part player next season, but some of the comments on here are just uncalled for

In a couple of the early matches under Gerrard before his injury he was MOM.

Kamara looks to be a significant upgrade but more than happy to have him here as a backup next season.

I like him. He can be neat he can be tidy, and he does do what most can't do and take up good positions and nick the ball but we're going to go big in his position again and he's at the peak of his ability. So yes, time to be ruthless. I'd gut about half a dozen players from this squad in a heartbeat

Keeping players like him will only block the progress of our younger prospects. It would be a waste of a squad place. If we really want to move on and up he’s exactly the type of player who needs to be moved out. 

Edited by meregreen
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He tries his best but I was baffled people were hyping him up as some sort of DM maestro on basis of 2-3 decent games when Gerrard came in. Considering he's been here 3 years it was a very small sample size to base things on.

12 months left so guess he'll be moved on with no word on new contract.

Bit of a reach tbh everyone knows his limitations, he proved he could break up play and get the ball moving and when he got injured we missed him. We finish higher up the table if he didn’t get injured

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hairdo said:

One of our best players when Gerrard first came in. When he got injured everyone on here was gutted and couldn't wait for him to come back.

One bad game, where he shouldn't have been brought on in the first place btw, and suddenly he's the worst player the club has ever seen.

Some of the people on here need to take a step back and give their heads a bit of a wobble.

Yeah he's limited, and will probably be a bit part player next season, but some of the comments on here are just uncalled for

Agreed. There are some that like a good scapegoat. Easy target. Up until today, probably the best at the club in that deep lying role. Has been very unlucky with the timing of his injuries.

He is no Kante but when we he came into the club were in a vastly different place to today. I don’t think he has let us down very often.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Just reading that he does a lot of charity work back home, has his own foundation and even been to UNICEF meetings to help out and looking to stop child marriages. 
(yes I’m bored today)

Is it ok if he drink drives now and gets a driving ban?  (sorry reference to Jack Grealish thread as apparently if you do good things you can be a word removed).  

I'm very bored too. 

I think Nakamba is decent cover for a DM.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Just reading that he does a lot of charity work back home

But he doesn't like to talk about it. 

tenor.gif

Edited by sidcow

On 23/05/2022 at 03:29, meregreen said:

Keeping players like him will only block the progress of our younger prospects. It would be a waste of a squad place. If we really want to move on and up he’s exactly the type of player who needs to be moved out. 

Old post I know but players born after Jan 1st 2001 don't take uo a squad place. Not sure that he'd be blocking the yoof.

9 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

Old post I know but players born after Jan 1st 2001 don't take uo a squad place. Not sure that he'd be blocking the yoof.

They might not take up a squad place but they can eat up minutes that could go to a younger player?

Â