Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

• 1 month later...

Could this guy benefit from a new managerial set up? He does bring much needed energy and physicality to our midfield and is pretty much the only midfield player we have who is effective at regaining possession.  People argue that his distribution is poor but none of our midfielders can pass the ball so is he really any worse?

When Gerrard first came in, this guy was a massive part of our early success. He then got injured and despite Gerrard name checking him as a massive loss, he never ever restored him to the team. With Doug and Boubs both missing, is now the time to bring him back? I would start him on Sunday.

• 5 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Will we ever sell him? Would be a good option for a championship side.

I actually think he'd do well in a top division somewhere else. The PL is just a little too quick for him and he struggles on the ball. 
He'd be absolutely fine somewhere like Holland or France. 

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I actually think he'd do well in a top division somewhere else. The PL is just a little too quick for him and he struggles on the ball. 
He'd be absolutely fine somewhere like Holland or France. 

Agreed but there’s no shame in dropping down to the championship . I imagine his wages will be to high for most championship and European clubs.

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Will we ever sell him? Would be a good option for a championship side.

he prob would be great for a champ side, but i doubt any but the richest champ teams would have any chance of affording his wages...

On 03/09/2022 at 10:01, KentVillan said:

Nakamba is a very limited footballer, but some of our best performances under Gerrard were when he was starting. Surprised he hasn’t had a look in.

I like Nakamba hope he gets a run out again so I can give him a cheer. I realise he's limited but he was great on his day. He spent ages outside Villa park in august getting pictures with fans and also signed a hat for my daughter. Good guy.

• Like 2

I’m not going to look at the whole squad list, but would I be right in saying that he’s the only senior team member that hasn’t featured under Emery in the managers 3 games? 

If so I think it’s fair to assume that he will probably be moved on. 

33 minutes ago, av1 said:

I’m not going to look at the whole squad list, but would I be right in saying that he’s the only senior team member that hasn’t featured under Emery in the managers 3 games? 

If so I think it’s fair to assume that he will probably be moved on. 

Guilbert & Bednarek?

all others have at least some minutes, yeah.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

He’d be an asset in a mid table championship side.

he'd prob be an asset in any championship side tbh.

No Champ side could afford his wages tho, unless he took a sizeable drop.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

he'd prob be an asset in any championship side tbh.

No Champ side could afford his wages tho, unless he took a sizeable drop.

True all depends if he’s motivated enough to play football week in week out. Don’t blame him if he sees his contract out here either.

Â