Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

Also, manager Rob Edwards loves him (understatement 🤣):

https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/football/luton-town/edwards-believes-zimbabwean-international-nakamba-is-loving-life-with-luton-4064541

“It’s really important and he’s such a good lad, he walks around and he’s so humble, so happy.

"He’s such a good professional though, and I can see when we are having meetings, or going through set-pieces, whatever it might be, the level of detail.

"He’s asking questions, he’s picking up, you can really see his professionalism and why he’s played at the level he’s played at, and why he’s performing so well for us as well.

"He’s been terrific for us, and long may that continue as well.

"When loan players come in, there’s got to be something that they are going to get from it as well.

"It can’t just be all about us and the club, it’s got to work both ways, and I think certainly in his situation, and Cody’s (Drameh) as well, it’s working well for both parties.

“When I spoke to him as we were going through the process of trying to get him in the club, I could see that in him, that humility that he’s got.

"From day one he’s come in and been a part of the group and just loved it.

"He’s got stuck in, the lads love him and I think he’s really enjoying his football and it’s showing on the pitch.

“He has been great, he's got a lot of quality.

"At the level that he's played out and the experience that he's got, he's coming with a great attitude.

"He's wanting to play, he's wanting to help the group, he's come in straightaway and settled in with everybody.

"A real humble guy, and you can see that in the way he plays, love him.

"He looks like what we needed and what we felt we needed to try and bolster that area to pitch and give more options.

"He's brought exactly what we wanted, that tenacity in the way he gets up to the ball.

"He's aggressive, very reliable when he gets the ball as well, so we're really happy with him.”

With Nakamba’s deal at Luton running to May, and the midfielder, who Villa paid £11m to Club Brugge for, believed to have another year on his deal, a permanent deal appears unlikely due to wages, plus a potential transfer fee, unless that is, the Hatters reached the top flight themselves.

Edwards preferred to look at what he can do for the club during the promotion run-in rather than what may or may not happen, as he added: “I think it’s well into the future.

"All I can say at the moment is that I think he’s a terrific player and a terrific person.

"Of course, we want good players and good people at the club, but I think it’s one thing at a time.

"Let’s focus on the here and the now and for him to make the most of it for himself, and for us to get the most out of it for him to try and help us get as many points as we can.

"But we want good people and good players here, of course we do.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He's clearly an outstanding person all the things he's done for charity and his home country. I'm happy he's doing well for them and hope he can get a good move in the summer (we know it'll be to Turkey). 

• 2 weeks later...

He's a capable enough Premier League player and unsurprisingly walking The Championship. 

Never going to be amazing but he'd make a great buy for a lower end Premier League team. 

• Like 3

I don't think he's ever let us down. He's like Ronseal, does exactly what it says on the tin. You know what you get from Naka and you know what you don't get. He always struggled with the lack of time you have on the ball in the PL, it's too intense a league. That's why his passing was never good enough. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

He's a capable enough Premier League player and unsurprisingly walking The Championship. 

Never going to be amazing but he'd make a great buy for a lower end Premier League team. 

yeah, he's a high end championship, low end PL level player.

any Champ team that could persuade him to join permanently would be a great bit of business, hopefully his performances at Luton will peak some interest from clubs in the summer.

• Like 3

If Sheffield United slip up then Luton actually have a good chance of sneaking into second place

Millwall (a), Blackpool (h), Rotherham (a), Reading (a), Middlesbrough (h), Blackburn (a), and Hull (h)

Could potentially get a lot of points from those.

9 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Continues getting rave reviews for Luton Town.   Hope they buy him whether they go up or not. Seems to be a good fit. 

That photo - what is that between the 2 players boots?

Looks like Marvelous took a trip to the lavvy in his studs and has some toilet paper stuck under his boot.

1 minute ago, fruitvilla said:

What's left of the opponent's toes?

Ah... the instep on his boots doesn't match the outstep. So that's his left foot with the blue and white stripes.

Was doing my head in. Thanks.

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

Let’s hope Luton get promoted 

19 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I don't think he's ever let us down. He's like Ronseal, does exactly what it says on the tin. You know what you get from Naka and you know what you don't get. He always struggled with the lack of time you have on the ball in the PL, it's too intense a league. That's why his passing was never good enough. 

Similar to Hause IMO - technically actually a good passer - but panics a little.

On 02/04/2023 at 14:50, DJBOB said:

Continues getting rave reviews for Luton Town.   Hope they buy him whether they go up or not. Seems to be a good fit. 

I'm pleased that he's found some form and is a good fit. Always liked him.

Â