Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

He's not going to go there to benchwarm and i think Rodri will be a mainstay as their DM for years. I reckon we are safe for a good while.

And allegedly the buyback clause goes up every year. So the longer he's here the more we make from him

If he starts on a Friday, It will be interesting to see how he performs against Everton as he will be under a lot more pressure than the second half against Bournemouth on the weekend, who appeared to be happy to sit on their 0-2 lead. Looks a very good player, but still needs time to adapt to the league and Everton will be a different challenge.

Only the second time I've seen that goal and just noticed what a great bit of play from Jack that was to set it up.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I love that goal. 

Absolutely lovely.

47 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Only the second time I've seen that goal and just noticed what a great bit of play from Jack that was to set it up.

Absolutely lovely.

It's classic Grealish, really is. Draws players in incredibly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

It's classic Grealish, really is. Draws players in incredibly.

Its like a LHS version of the semi final goal against the Baggies

Edited by thunderball
never been good at my left and rights

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He feel like a loan player. I know he isn't but that's how it feels.

Obviously if he will be a big part in us staying up it will be worth it.

Do you have to say this everyday? We are aware of the buyback clauae

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

And allegedly the buyback clause goes up every year. So the longer he's here the more we make from him

City could buy him back cheaply and sell him on either to us or other suitors at the end of this season for a bigger profit...that would make the most business sense their end

13 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

City could buy him back cheaply and sell him on either to us or other suitors at the end of this season for a bigger profit...that would make the most business sense their end

why would Douglas agree to that?

Edited by a m ole

17 minutes ago, a m ole said:

why would Douglas agree to that?

That’s a good point. For all the legalities and clauses, if Douglas is happy and wants to stay it would be very difficult to make him move. Who would want to buy an unhappy player?

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

That’s a good point. For all the legalities and clauses, if Douglas is happy and wants to stay it would be very difficult to make him move. Who would want to buy an unhappy player?

I see your point...but money (wage increase and signing on fee) and to train under Pep Guardiola, both very compelling reasons for any player.

They recently did something very similar with that Angelino lad from PSV. (who i doubt will get any game time in the league)

https://www.mancity.com/news/first team/first team news/2019/july/man city sign angelino psv transfer latest update

Edited by carewjust4u

1 hour ago, carewjust4u said:

I see your point...but money (wage increase and signing on fee) and to train under Pep Guardiola, both very compelling reasons for any player.

They recently did something very similar with that Angelino lad from PSV. (who i doubt will get any game time in the league)

But that wasn't the scenario, it was City buying him back just to sell him on.

He could of course pretend he was OK with this then when bought by City refuse to move though I expect this would see him training with the u23s rather than Guardiola & the first team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

But that wasn't the scenario, it was City buying him back just to sell him on.

He could of course pretend he was OK with this then when bought by City refuse to move though I expect this would see him training with the u23s rather than Guardiola & the first team.

Wasn't was it?

Angelino has been brought back to be a part of their squad.

14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Wasn't was it?

Angelino has been brought back to be a part of their squad.

Yeah, I didn't mean Angelino.

I meant the first post I saw on Luiz hypotheticals ie this post:

4 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

Admittedly now I've realised it was the same poster writing both posts I should probably edit that as can't tell him what he meant 😄

6 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Absolutely lovely.

Careful if you say that in the grealish thread. You might be told he's slowing the game down too much and not doing enough

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Â