Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whilst passing by I’d like to say he’s fast becoming one of my favourite players. I really enjoy watching him play.

Might even get a shirt with his name on the back. 

I want shirts with Nakamba4Eva on or Mings the Merciless..

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

If Marvel continues to make a strong claim to the DM role, I wonder if Luiz could be used in a more offensive midfield role.

Unlikely. I have no objections to it, I just don't think it'll happen anytime soon.

A well balanced formation and tactical approach might have something to say about it.

So far all our forward and wide options have either scored or assisted, except Trezeguet, who nearly did against Spurs.

Which shows that the system is providing solid chances on goal for every player employed to be threatening it.

Luiz in a more advanced role would have to change our formation and shape, as well as sacrificing another players starting position.

Add to this that in order to accommodate him either on of Grealish or McGinn gets dropped, which I don't think is smart.

Or, we drop a winger and totally mess with the balance of our formation and also end up playing someone out of position to accommodate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gompedyret said:

If Marvel continues to make a strong claim to the DM role, I wonder if Luiz could be used in a more offensive midfield role.

Nakamba will get his chance at DM, Luiz will be rested at times and that's fantastic to have such a solid backup and he will know that.

Only thing I'm thinking is that Mcginn and Nakamba, one little flash is a handful, two on the pitch as in those two would be a complete nightmare together I think.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Need to see a front 6 like this sometimes. The Ancelotti Christmas Tree formation also incidentally brought us some of the most exciting football in recent times under Sherwood briefly. Would love to see it make a comeback but with better players and a better manager.

Wesley

Grealish              Jota

McGinn              Nakamba/Hourihane

Luiz

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Need to see a front 6 like this sometimes. The Ancelotti Christmas Tree formation also incidentally brought us some of the most exciting football in recent times under Sherwood briefly. Would love to see it make a comeback but with better players and a better manager.

Wesley

Luiz

I know you just didn't say better anything at this moment in time lol.

You trying to rock the boat there lol.

52 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I know you just didn't say better anything at this moment in time lol.

You trying to rock the boat there lol.

Really? Dean Smith vs Tim Sherwood? Not even close.

Benteke, 2015 Grealish, N'Zogbia, Cleverly, Westwood, Delph

vs

Wesley, 2019 Grealish, Jota, McGinn, Luiz, Nakamba?

Only ones I'll give you is Benteke and Delph.

Edited by Keyblade

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Wesley

Luiz

No natural width. Jota always cuts inside. Grealish I suggested few months ago  could play LAM to accommodate Hourihane attacking central mid as he's no DCM and that was shot down as wasting Grealish talents and reasonably so

20 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

No natural width. Jota always cuts inside. Grealish I suggested few months ago  could play LAM to accommodate Hourihane attacking central mid as he's no DCM and that was shot down as wasting Grealish talents and reasonably so

That's the one weakness of the formation but it's usually mitigated by the use of good wing backs. There's no way we could play Taylor and Elmo in this formation. 

It's encouraged for the 2 CAMs to cut inside and/or roam around so Jota and Grealish are perfect for the role. Would really like to see Dean give it a go.

31 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

That's the one weakness of the formation but it's usually mitigated by the use of good wing backs. There's no way we could play Taylor and Elmo in this formation. 

It's encouraged for the 2 CAMs to cut inside and/or roam around so Jota and Grealish are perfect for the role. Would really like to see Dean give it a go.

2521? It's a no from me

How good is it to want to have players on the pitch but there's not enough room to fit them?

I can't remember this kind of dilemma since perhaps back when Young and Downing were nailed on starters but you wanted to see Albrighton too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A'Villan said:

How good is it to want to have players on the pitch but there's not enough room to fit them?

I can't remember this kind of dilemma since perhaps back when Young and Downing were nailed on starters but you wanted to see Albrighton too.

Or when we all cried out for the Togolese Zidane but he just could not displace the mighty Nigel Reo-Coker! 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Really? Dean Smith vs Tim Sherwood? Not even close.

Benteke, 2015 Grealish, N'Zogbia, Cleverly, Westwood, Delph

vs

Wesley, 2019 Grealish, Jota, McGinn, Luiz, Nakamba?

Only ones I'll give you is Benteke and Delph.

No you said with better players and manager you would like to see that formation come back, you mean better than what we have right now yeah?? that's what it sounded like you were saying.

Smith football is better than any part of Sherwood footy, wasn't it 8 months before he was gone, can't of been that entertaining considering where it led us to be in the end after RDM had his go as well.

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

No you said with better players and manager you would like to see that formation come back, you mean better than what we have right now yeah?? that's what it sounded like you were saying.

Smith football is better than any part of Sherwood footy, wasn't it 8 months before he was gone, can't of been that entertaining considering where it led us to be in the end after RDM had his go as well.

No I meant we have better players now than we did then. I want to bring that formation back. And as much as I hate the guy as a manager and what he did to us, we were exciting for a brief period when he first joined.

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

No I meant we have better players now than we did then. I want to bring that formation back. And as much as I hate the guy as a manager and what he did to us, we were exciting for a brief period when he first joined.

Never mind then lol, it's ok if you see that and that's ok but I just don't see where the excitement was considering it lead to our relegation

Sherwoods touchline craziness was exciting though, with his hand waving all over the place.

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Never mind then lol, it's ok if you see that and that's ok but I just don't see where the excitement was considering it lead to our relegation

Sherwoods touchline craziness was exciting though, with his hand waving all over the place.

We've had under him a really good couple of months 2014-2015 when he first came.

Things went wrong since we've got beaten at Southampton (which led to us losing the FA cup) then that Leicester game. Those two games that we didn't recover and Sherwood lost it after that.

I agree with @Keyblade, I think that formation would give us a new dimension. We could also play either Jota or Trez depending on the opposition. 

Â