Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Looked class after he settled down 25 mins in.

Not worried about the mistake, typical thing for a new player in a new league in a new team to do, strong on the ball, not afraid of a tackle and good range of passing.

And that goal - wow! 

Very excited by this lad.

• Like 4

Yeah agreed, bad mistake but certainly paid up for it with his performance following that and the goal was a bonus.  His performance though really impressed me, not for how the game went but his potential for the rest of the season as he grows into the role.

Slow to start, which is why imo our full backs haven't changed as yet. We can't have half a team getting up to speed. Thought his passing was lovely in 2nd half, always just in front of the target. Hopefully jack now has the confidence to get up the pitch, knowing he's behind him. 

• Thanks 1

Would you start him on Friday and risk him having a similar first half as he did Saturday? Or do you think he's worth the gamble for his second half display?

Just interested in everyone's opinions. I'm not sure what to make of him in the DM role, it was a very Jekyll & Hyde performance on Saturday.

Same with a few players new to the squad, but this was his first 90 mins in English football, against a very fit and strong side.  He made a mistake early doors, then improved.

Like the others, we'll see the best of them in a few months - he'll have a couple of stinkers, but stick with him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Would you start him on Friday and risk him having a similar first half as he did Saturday? Or do you think he's worth the gamble for his second half display?

Just interested in everyone's opinions. I'm not sure what to make of him in the DM role, it was a very Jekyll & Hyde performance on Saturday.

I think I'd start him.

He was shaky for his first start in English football. It happens with a lot of players.

Given how good he was second half I'd gamble that it's already out of his system.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

I don't think its much of a gamble. The guy is top class. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I think you can't look at him as a regular DM player. Seems to me Dean Smith wants a more playmaker'esque DM or in the FM jargon DLP. I think Hourihane arguably suits this role as well. 

I can see us using this to some degree, then when things are getting settled, revert to using Nakamba as a more anchor in the tougher matches. 

I'm very sceptical to Grealish as a winger, but I would like to see a 442 in cup where we put Luiz and McGinn centrally, Grealish wide and Trezeguet next to Wesley. If anything just to try it out. 

Id 100% start him. 

Yes. It was only a bit of Jekyll. ( or Hyde, whichever makes sense lol).

There was plenty of Hyde after the first 30 minutes or so. 

( or Jekyll 🤔..)

I’d start him. ( Them ?)...Any slight doubts I had are gone.

Mind you if Deano gives our Wingers 45 minutes each and plops CH in alongside him I’d be even happier...

14 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Should be one of the first names on the team sheet IMO, quality player.

Agreed. Don't see him losing his place on Friday. We need to make good on his second half Saturday and make him feel like the position is his to lose now. 

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

That buy back clause is so damn annoying.

He looks like the real thing and we will most likely lose him to City next season.

It’s not that annoying. 

If they activate it then he must have performed very well for us this season.  

And they’ll have effectively paid us £10m to have him for that good season. 

Pretty **** good deal if you ask me

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s not that annoying. 

If they activate it then he must have performed very well for us this season.  

And they’ll have effectively paid us £10m to have him for that good season. 

Pretty **** good deal if you ask me

He's not going to go there to benchwarm and i think Rodri will be a mainstay as their DM for years. I reckon we are safe for a good while.

Â