Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

On 13/08/2019 at 22:38, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You could have fooled me... 😉

If only I’d hung on a few days I could’ve saved myself a lot of typing and I wouldn’t have needed to watch our worst 10 minutes 5 times.

Very very good today. Already made the position his own.

(Although in my defence I’d say my slight concerns about him being ( understandably) off the pace and so vulnerable defensively are still relevant .) 🙂

Really impressive second half.

2 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Bournemouth have done this previously when they played Watford, when Arter done it to Chalobah 

Its against the laws of the game to. Should be a free kick if that happened

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Bournemouth have done this previously when they played Watford, when Arter done it to Chalobah 

Yep they are a proper scummy club, I hope they fall away again and this time they do go bust. Their play acting and cheating is scummy. 

He was brilliant, made everything look so easy and won the battles with players who looked twice the size of him. I love his passing, always finds a way and almost never gives the ball away. The fault for the goal I don't know if it was lack of communication or what is was, it was recless, but mostly unlucky the way it went after that. Don't think he put a foot wrong thereafter and passed it around with ease.

And all that not even mentioning the goal...

Horror first half, too slow. Stood up, got on the ball, and played second half. Pleased for him to score.

That's the player I want, not interested in bottlers hiding away. Don't want to lose possession so go backwards all the time, get tackled once so flick it off constantly, play it safe every time so you never lose the ball, get pressured so hide behind opposition. Doug did none of that.

I didn't like him first half at all. Very slow on the ball, gave it away a few times and was also at fault for the 2nd goal. Defensively his positioning wasn't good, and I also disliked his attitude a couple of times where he tried to block off a runner with his elbow or just a bit too aggressively.

2nd half though he was much better, put in a few interceptions and released the ball a lot quicker, plus his goal was great and his celebration made me feel better about his attitude. 

Hopefully he will keep improving as we can't afford any luxury players in the team

You don't pull dummies like that at the top of the box in the opposition's attacking third. Especially when there's no idea of who's going to receive it in your peripheral view.

Might've been a brilliant idea if it was in our attacking third, and shows that Luiz has a creative spark in him, however doing it in that position showed naivety and cost us big.

If there was ever a way to redeem yourself for such an error, he found it. Absolutely spectacular goal, which I've seen him do the like before. That was obviously no fluke.

Think we've got a serious talent on our hands in Luiz. Has a long way to go in order to prove himself at this level, but the initial impression is that he'll be impressive.

Edited by A'Villan

11 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I loved how overjoyed he was after he scored. He was pumped all game, he cares.

This. Should get a few pictures going. Not only did he have a Mellberg'esque celebration, but he fired up the crowd. Was a bit hilarious

Thought he looked like Carlos Sanchez in the first half. Thankfully, improved a lot in the second. I did get nervous everytime he had the ball outside his own area, but hopefully he knew what he was doing. 

14 hours ago, tinker said:

Not sure why he left the ball but I would guess a Bournemouth player had the nouse to shout 'leave it ' and he obliged. Not a mistake you make twice. 

If the opposition did do that, then it’s a free kick to us for unsporting behaviour 

39 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Thought he looked like Carlos Sanchez in the first half. Thankfully, improved a lot in the second. I did get nervous everytime he had the ball outside his own area, but hopefully he knew what he was doing. 

Agree 100%. When I was watching that first half I said he's just Carlos Sanchez, a technically good player but far too casual on the ball especially in dangerous positions. He improved 2nd half but there were still one or two moments where he slightly miscontrolled an easy pass and was nearly punished.

Unlike Carlos Sanchez I'm confident he'll improve this as he gets more used to the pace of the league. I want him to succeed mainly because of his hair

Â