Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

to be honest, i cant decide how he did versus everton.

Didnt do anything wrong but didnt seem to be in the game much, cant complain, but also dont think he lit the pitch up like some of the others.

maybe not noticing him showed he did ok?

• Like 1

He did the other side of the DM role tonight and screened Engels and Mings excellently. Stopped Everton playing  through the middle for much of the game. Wasn't on the ball much but had a massive say in the outcome. He's going to have a few games like tonight this season but I feel much safer with him in front of the CB's. Games where Grealish and McGinn can play higher will be ideal as it will give him a little more space to dictate. Tonight was all about protection. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Didnt do anything wrong but didnt seem to be in the game much, cant complain, but also dont think he lit the pitch up like some of the others.

Anonymous first half but really grew into the game after the break. We really do have all the key parts to do ok we just need it all to kick.

25 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He was fine. A DLP and even DMC is a lot about ball recovery, reading the play, positioning and idle running. You won't always see the result of what they do, but you would quickly notice the effect if they stopped doing it. 

He looked a bit more up to the physical aspect of the PL today methinks. Which is important haha. 

4 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

He's a unit...and a bloody good footballer

Yep another game where he holds off far bigger players with ease. Moise Kean almost ripped his jersey off of him and he looked completely unbothered. 

He was quiet on the ball but Everton went almost 2/3 of the game with no shots on target. That's on him and the back line. Excellent game. 

I thought there was some space around him actually. Sig, Gomes and later on Schneiderlin found hit of space off his back. Everton had so much of the ball though, he did well to stop what he did. Better towards the end than at the beginning.

Wanted more of the ball on the floor than he was given, and will come into his own as the team grows. Very good player right now and he's got so much potential it hurts.

Surprising reading what I am about sigurdson.

i thought he was making them click, and played some really dangerous balls.

was surprised to see him go off considering Gomes looked like a competition winner.

• Like 1

He was average tonight but funnily enough I'm happy to see him have a 'quiet' game.

I thought the defence opted out of passing into our #6 a couple of times and a few no-nonsense games under his belt will go a long way to building that confidence between the back 4 and the #6.

Â