Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I'm struggling to remember a worst performance from a Villa player than his tonight. Or how costly it could turn out to be.

Love the guy and think he's been brilliant for much of the last couple of seasons, but even beyond tonight I don't think it's any coincidence that the only convincing performances of late have come when he was out suspended. He plays an integral part in the side and has been miles off it recently.

He’s not turned into bad player, he’s just massively out of form and bereft of confidence. Season cannot end soon enough for him and then assess from there based on if any offers come. 

When are we allowed to say enough is enough with him not only drifting through games but actually costing us goals?

• Like 1

Think he's had a look on his face all game, likes something off. Easy to say in hindsight based on the performance, but he seems completely off it.

The penalty cost us the match. Worst time to do it and totally unnecessary. We had started the half with real fight. Terrible penalty also. No excuses tonight for him. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

The hell happened to him?

Shadow of his former self, very schoolboy errors and and he's been picking fights with opposition players non-stop as of late.

No excuse for having arms up like superman in your own box

That’s very harsh - it’s difficult to jump without your arms giving leverage - never been a fan of ball to hand either ☹️

Edited by ChesterDad

Posted (edited)

Let’s all take a breath before posting anything irrational (myself included) 

What a servant to our club. If we have learned anything in recent times, it’s that you never know what’s going on in anyone’s lives. Go easy on him, he’ll be **** devastated. 

Edited by Callum

I know he hadn't missed a pen for us before but I knew he was gonna miss when I saw him step up today

14 minutes ago, picicata said:

Should be fined, he's clearly drunk

He seems genuinely ill tonight, what the hell was he doing? The passes he didn’t even pick up is worse than prime bomb squad. 

Â