Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

55 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Looked disinterested and petulant yesterday. Regardless of what I think of him, I haven’t seen that side of him before.

Looks fed up.

Probably because the club blocked a move to the current league leaders in the summer.

To be fair to him, the "petulance" was in reaction to persistent shithousing by a few of the Forest players. A lot of players would be getting riled in that kind of game, especially when things aren't going your way in terms of results and performances.

I don't think Dougie is throwing his toys out the pram, and I've never got the impression he's a disruptive character in the dressing room.

As others have said, though, the fact current league leaders Arsenal were keen to sign him suggests that maybe he is a better player than some of our fans give him credit for. Kind of makes sense that a 24-year-old with 9 Brazil caps who was on City's books, and has over 100 appearances for Aston Villa is... "not shit" at the very least. But he releases the ball too slowly or something.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Considering Purslow's hint towards a sell to buy policy, not taking £25m for him was madness.

Dropping points to start the season made them reticent to sell him. 

Let's hope we arent still desperate in January. 

Easily our best technical midfielder, shame he’s been messed around with when the likes of captain fantastic plays every game, can understand why he wanted to go in Jan, just hope a new manager convinced him to sign the contract he was rumoured to be close to signing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

The interview screams desperation, he’s not even going to stay so why do an interview. 

Only thing that I want to hear on his side is that he has signed the contract..

The amount of Dougie content at the moment is slightly cringe. The guy doesn’t want to be here so stop trying to make him appear to be Mr Villa. Seen exactly the same shit with Delph and Grealish. 

10 hours ago, Spoony said:

The amount of Dougie content at the moment is slightly cringe. The guy doesn’t want to be here so stop trying to make him appear to be Mr Villa. Seen exactly the same shit with Delph and Grealish. 

I think he will sign a new contract if we hire a competent manager

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

The interview screams desperation, he’s not even going to stay so why do an interview. 

Only thing that I want to hear on his side is that he has signed the contract..

10 hours ago, Spoony said:

i thought similar, how can you preach "i believe in Aston Villa" when you dont/wont even sign a new contract.

Granted he may not be wanting to stay because the current manager doesnt play him much, but we really dont know the reason he isnt signing, and you cant put him front and centre saying "Mr Villa type things" when he is currently on course to leave in Jan or next summer.

Seriously small brain thinking by the club to put him forward like that.

Edited by MaVilla

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think he will sign a new contract if we hire a competent manager

He’s wanted by Arsenal. New manager or not, I can’t see any scenario where he ruins his move there in the summer, with a bumper sign on fee for being a free agent as well. 

• Haha 1

He’s not good enough to be a consistent starter, the club was right however to not take Arsenal’s low-balling. We need to not be pushovers in the long term. If Arsenal were as keen as they claim, pony up. They might even move on to other targets now. 

29 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s not good enough to be a consistent starter

I can guarantee you that if he leaves he will be a consistant starter for a top 5 league champions League/Europa league club. 

• Like 2

Â