Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, Only2McInallys said:

I have mixed feelings about him but he is a very talented footballer.

He is not a good DM.He can do it but for me Nakamba was better at the defensive part.

Playing as an 8 I don’t see him creating enough.He has good close control,good passing but he doesn’t take many risks.He often plays safe.

His corners have been a revelation but whenever I see him taking a free kick my heart sinks.

Jack of all trades but master of none springs to mind.It may be he needs better midfielders around him.

He takes 'risks' when they're on. He's played countless nice through balls into dangerous areas since he's been here. McGinn's 'risk taking' (hopeful lofted balls) is because he isn't good enough to keep the ball in tight areas.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, sne said:

The reason he want's to leave is that he isn't starting IMO.

I'm sorry, that's bollox. He's had plenty of time to sign a new contract when playing regularly and still didn't. 

He wants a move and that's his perogative, but he's not leaving BECAUSE he's not playing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I'm sorry, that's bollox. He's had plenty of time to sign a new contract when playing regularly and still didn't. 

He wants a move and that's his perogative, but he's not leaving BECAUSE he's not playing. 

If reports about him being close to sign but changing his mind are to be believed, what other explanation is there?

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

Nah. He was probably waiting to see how Gerrard rated him during last season and what his options were. Then in the summer it sounded like he was signing a new contract even after we signed Kamara to replace him at DCM. Then he made McGinn captain and suddenly Luiz wasn't signing a new contract.

I think he is not signing because he's seen as 4th option in midfield and because Gerrard clearly has favorites that play no matter what. Fully get why he want's out since bigger clubs are interested.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

If reports about him being close to sign but changing his mind are to be believed, what other explanation is there?

If he gets a sniff that CL clubs are in for him but want him on a free and he’ll get a big signing on bonus. He just has to sit tight for a few months.

Douglas Luiz is not faultless, but for the vast majority of his tenure he has been played in a position which doesn't suit him, has been surrounded by dross, and is quite often the scapegoat in our poor performances.

He'll go on to play Champions League next season, while we probably battle to stay out of the championship.

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Reports were bollox as most are? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

He must be thanking his lucky stars he didn’t sign a contract in the summer and can pick between Liverpool, Arsenal and whoever else in a few months time. 

No he can't. Pre-contract agreements can only be signed with foreign clubs.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Most likely his agent got a whiff of more money elsewhere, that’s how they roll. I personally don’t mind players trying to maximising  their short career. If they want to secure their families future I get it. 

On 18/09/2022 at 07:35, sne said:

The reason he want's to leave is that he isn't starting IMO.

If I was him and continued to see McGinn getting picked, ahead of me,I would want out! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

That tweet has got nearly 100k likes!

I think the journalist he's having a (very justified) go at is a pretty big name in Brazil so it'll be a whole mix of people supporting Doug, people supporting Alisha, people supporting women's football and women generally and people enjoying having a pop at the journo. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the journalist he's having a (very justified) go at is a pretty big name in Brazil so it'll be a whole mix of people supporting Doug, people supporting Alisha, people supporting women's football and women generally and people enjoying having a pop at the journo. 

the Brazilian Piers Morgan by the sounds of it from his Wikipedia page. Looks like he has removed it

• Like 1

Â