Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I don’t see what others see with Doug. I think he is sloppy, lazy, dumb and just a bit rubbish. Of all our annoying players, he annoys me the most. I just want to give him a shake. Liven the eff up Doug for goodness sake.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

I don’t see what others see with Doug. I think he is sloppy, lazy, dumb and just a bit rubbish. Of all our annoying players, he annoys me the most. I just want to give him a shake. Liven the eff up Doug for goodness sake.

That's why he'll go to a better club than us this summer. 

I thought he looked ok today - playing out of position but trying to put himself about a bit. 

I guess it's a sad indictment of our situation that "trying to get involved" is now the bar for a reasonable performance.

Will definitely be a player that we'll look back on in two seasons and wish we still had in the squad.

3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I don’t see what others see with Doug. I think he is sloppy, lazy, dumb and just a bit rubbish. Of all our annoying players, he annoys me the most.

Sloppy, dumb and lazy? I honestly don't know how you can aim any of those three at him.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

Sloppy, dumb and lazy? I honestly don't know how you can aim any of those three at him.

He was all of that tonight tbh. A player full of fancy flicks but doesn’t really offer anything. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I’m sure he’ll do absolutely fine elsewhere, but he isn’t for us. Shame we haven’t recouped a transfer fee I guess. 

Arsenal will come back with 15m bid in January according to London press so with Kamara hopefully fit he'll be moved on.

Just now, bobzy said:

He was all of that tonight tbh. A player full of fancy flicks but doesn’t really offer anything. 

He offers plenty. He's our only composed midfielder (who actually plays and/or isn't injured). He plays clever balls, knows when to keep it ticking over and when to try a riskier ball. What are you expecting from him?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Arsenal will come back with 15m bid in January according to London press so with Kamara hopefully fit he'll be moved on.

Real shame as it's crying out for us to play those two together. I know Steven can't see that to save his life but I'm sure any competent new manager would have.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Real shame as it's crying out for us to play those two together. I know Steven can't see that to save his life but I'm sure any competent new manager would have.

We should've started the season with that pivot and maybe we'd have got more against Bournemouth and Palace.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He offers plenty. He's our only composed midfielder (who actually plays and/or isn't injured). He plays clever balls, knows when to keep it ticking over and when to try a riskier ball. What are you expecting from him?

He doesn’t play clever balls - he’s a very technically sound footballer who can pass the ball well. Outside of that, he does incredibly little.

I’m sure he’d do well in a better side but, for us, he isn’t the midfielder we need. 

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He doesn’t play clever balls - he’s a very technically sound footballer who can pass the ball well. Outside of that, he does incredibly little.

I’m sure he’d do well in a better side but, for us, he isn’t the midfielder we need. 

He does play clever passes IMO.

Just now, Tom13 said:

He does play clever passes IMO.

He’s the safest passer of a ball I’ve seen - and that’s a fine thing, but not for us. We don’t break down teams at all and that’s largely (IMO) because we play at a snails pace and don’t break the lines. Luiz should be the one doing that (into Ramsey and McGinn… and there’s plenty of problems there too!). If he isn’t doing that, what’s he giving us?

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I will be slightly at a loss as to why we turned down £25m a few weeks ago if we end up selling him for £10m less after what will be maybe 12 games from Arsenal’s last bid.

I understand there’s a value in having a player at your disposal, in case, as it transpired someone like Kamara gets injured. But while I like Dougie, I’m not sure having his services from September through to November, with one or two games in December is worth ten million quid. 

Especially if there’s truth to the sell to buy policy that’s been mooted.

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He’s the safest passer of a ball I’ve seen - and that’s a fine thing, but not for us. We don’t break down teams at all and that’s largely (IMO) because we play at a snails pace and don’t break the lines. Luiz should be the one doing that (into Ramsey and McGinn… and there’s plenty of problems there too!). If he isn’t doing that, what’s he giving us?

I agree that we don't play enough balls through the lines, but I think he does look for them. They're just so often not on.

I'll be honest mate we're that much of a mess at the mo, I don't even know where to start 🤣

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

I will be slightly at a loss as to why we turned down £25m a few weeks ago if we end up selling him for £10m less after what will be maybe 12 games from Arsenal’s last bid.

I understand there’s a value in having a player at your disposal, in case, as it transpired someone like Kamara gets injured. But while I like Dougie, I’m not sure having his services from September through to November, with one or two games in December is worth ten million quid. 

Stronger fear of relegation if we had a few months without him. That and they knew the fanbase would be in uproar.

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Was probably too late to effectively replace him when Arsenal came in with a bid and ultimately 15m is better than nothing. We need to replace him as would sum up the last 18 months if we genuinely think Dendoncker can just slot in as he's very limited technically compared to Doug.

4 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Is Douglas Luiz a good player? 

I think he, like Emi Buendia must be so annoyed that their talents are being so diabolically squandered in this team.

They both must think they have found themselves in some kind of sporting purgatory/nightmare where no one runs or moves and it’s just all sideways and hoof.

I’d be ringing my agent every morning saying get me out of here.

Â