Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I didn't watch the game so can't comment fully. 

But in the game highlights on sky there are a number of times where Luiz gets his foot in or blocks a cross and if we had any hustle in midfield the ball is ours and the attack stops. Mcginn and Ramsey are so lazy defensively it is honestly a disgrace. 

Edited by MotoMkali

10 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I don’t see what others see with Doug. I think he is sloppy, lazy, dumb and just a bit rubbish. Of all our annoying players, he annoys me the most. I just want to give him a shake. Liven the eff up Doug for goodness sake.

I agree completely with this but the other thing I would add is slow on the ball too. We needed to get the ball moving quickly against forest and by the time we did get moving they were back in shape and we went side to side between luis mings and konsa without ever looking like finding a gap, it was painful and very boring to watch.

also he is so predictable in the giving away of stupid free kicks in potentially dangerous areas. 

• Like 1

we do need to move the ball quicker and he is one of the main culprits but at the same time the movement in front of him is so bad there's never an obvious easy quick pass on 

we are a kick and rush put the ball in to the space for watkins to chase team and he's not that player, stick him in arsenal's midfield and he would look completely different and a lot better

Luiz had a better game last night, but moves the ball too slowly, gives silly free kicks away, and looks for free kicks instead of getting back into position. 

Hes nowhere near as good as Kamara in that role.

He falls into the category as nowhere near as good as we think he is.

If Arse offer over £20m i would let him go

5 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Did he try to get himself sent off? That head butt attempt was the height of stupidity 

It’s amazing what qualifies as a “head butt” in football. Ref got that one right.

The players are frustrated because they are serving up dog shit every week, the club isn’t going anywhere, and they’re probably all ruining their chances of going to the World Cup.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Looked disinterested and petulant yesterday. Regardless of what I think of him, I haven’t seen that side of him before.

Looks fed up.

He still celebrated our goal like mad. I didn't see him looking disinterested if I'm honest. Petulant maybe a little.

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Looked disinterested and petulant yesterday. Regardless of what I think of him, I haven’t seen that side of him before.

Looks fed up.

Bit like us with Gerrard! 

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He's not good enough for us, yet the team at the top of the league want him so we should let him go.

I feel like i'm going mental. Is it just me?

That's because we make players worse.

Good teams with good coaching staffs make players better.

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He's not good enough for us, yet the team at the top of the league want him so we should let him go.

I feel like i'm going mental. Is it just me?

It starts, continues and stops with the management team. 

Our opinion on all of our players currently is being skewed by the horrendous system and lack of coaching being "delivered" by our manager and his coaching staff. 

The second they are ported into a competent set up, they would look completely different. 

Douglas Luiz is a very good player, hence the attempt from Arsenal to sign him in August. They know that given Arteta's coaching and him playing in a team that has a structure and purpose, that he has the quality to at the very least be a good option from the bench for them. 

Doug and many others in the team are in a good position, majority on here are more than willing to write off any/all individual player's failings as a direct result of SG and the coaches.

He might as well have just gone for the full headbutt, SG would still be the one baring blame for Doug's actions 

Edited by grantholtgolazo

If I had that Brazilian flair, confused teammates, no-one to pass to and I was being played out of position in a thankless role I'd be fed up too. Again, like others, he's being dragged down by a lack of coaching and instruction. I hate to dismiss discussion and resort to this line of thinking in every post of mine but it's true.

Â