Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Swedish commentator mentioned there is talk about a swap deal with Oxlade-Chamberlain coming here and Luiz going to Plop in January.

Surely not, would be so bad it's almost funny. 

that would be classic Villa.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sne said:

Swedish commentator mentioned there is talk about a swap deal with Oxlade-Chamberlain coming here and Luiz going to Plop in January.

Even if we sold him and they offered Ox on a free - I'd still stay well clear of him. He's well past his best and another player who spends his time in the training room. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s going to be massively important now Kamara is out injured. Should be starting every week regardless, but now he almost certainly will. 

It'll probably be Dendoncker instead :(

7 hours ago, spiezels said:

Feel we miss managed him abit. 

Understatement of the year.

Can't blame him for wanting out on account of being overlooked by worse players, not being picked when our most in form player, and the team that he'll be leaving being managed by a complete idiot. He'll move to a better team,  in European competition and get more money.  Its a no brainer for him. 

• Like 2

Just now, Keyblade said:

If this is the case then it is pretty dumb considering we blocked him from being able to fulfill that ambition this summer.

It was too late at that point. The noises were he would sign a deal, then changed his mind and wanted out at the very end of the window. Not giving us time for a replacement. I don't blame our stance blocking his request. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

It was too late at that point. The noises were he would sign a deal, then changed his mind and wanted out at the very end of the window. Not giving us time for a replacement. I don't blame our stance blocking his request. 

I wonder what it is that would make him change his mind about signing.

He wasn't being played when he wanted to stay either, that's the real issue here.

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I wonder what it is that would make him change his mind about signing.

He wasn't being played when he wanted to stay either, that's the real issue here.

A change of manager and some respect on his name. Not being treated like the 4th best player in a shit Villa midfield. 

In truth he's gone imo. As soon as Jan arrives, he will sign a pre contract and it will be over at Villa for him. Such a waste. 

• Like 1

I have mixed feelings about him but he is a very talented footballer.

He is not a good DM.He can do it but for me Nakamba was better at the defensive part.

Playing as an 8 I don’t see him creating enough.He has good close control,good passing but he doesn’t take many risks.He often plays safe.

His corners have been a revelation but whenever I see him taking a free kick my heart sinks.

Jack of all trades but master of none springs to mind.It may be he needs better midfielders around him.

14 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I’d rather Dendoncker in the DM position.  Luiz needs to be playing in place of McGinn or Ramsey 

Yeah I'd have no issue with that, although I've not really watched Dendoncker all that much. Zero confidence in Gerrard dropping McGinn (or Ramsey) for any extended run thou.

22 hours ago, sne said:

That would be peak Gerrard. Laughable.

• Like 1

Â