Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

9 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I don’t know. Maybe he’s spending every free minute with her which suddenly changes to once a week leading to a disillusioned Dougie.🤷🏻‍♂️

If she stays at villa I hope its because the women's team think she's a quality player and adds something to our attack, not that we need someone with a nice ass on retainer in case the lads need some attention. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Sounds like Gerrard expects a lot more from Luiz when he said hes done ok for us. Hardly glowing! 

Exactly the sort of handling he needs right now IMHO. I’ve always felt we should be getting more from Dougie than we generally do, good as it sometimes is.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Sounds like Gerrard expects a lot more from Luiz when he said hes done ok for us. Hardly glowing! 

Gerrard is simply acknowledging that Luiz is doing a job for us outside his preferred position while Nakamba is injured. 

I don’t see it as a criticism of the player, more an acknowledgement that we won’t see the best of Luiz until we have an actual defensive midfielder behind him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Exactly the sort of handling he needs right now IMHO. I’ve always felt we should be getting more from Dougie than we generally do, good as it sometimes is.

Yes thats what I feel. Hes always ok but never feel wow hes had a good game like you do with Buendia. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think what Gerrard says behind the scenes to the players is more important than what he says in a press conference. 

‘Gaffer, what do you mean I’m doing ok?’

’listen, ya can do more lad and ya know it’ !! 

justo o suficiente, você removeu a palavra’!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Well there it is. Hope he signs

Feels like this came almost direct from the club to calm things down.

Hope Dougie isn't too silly with this new agent, he's in a great place right now.

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It may also be a reference to the fact that he knows that Luiz is playing out of position and that when played in the correct / preferred position he's expecting to see a big improvement because we'll suddenly be playing to his strengths?????

10 minutes ago, skarroki said:

If she stays at villa I hope its because the women's team think she's a quality player and adds something to our attack, not that we need someone with a nice ass on retainer in case the lads need some attention. 

Well obviously. I’m not suggesting to keep her here as a call girl. I was just making the point that the typically high turnover in the women‘s game could in this case have a knock on effect on the Doug. Conversely Dougie leaving might also affect her. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Let’s not go nuts mate! 

I definitely believe it, I think Bissouma is going to be a major flop when he gets his transfer. Wont be the first to play well at a mid table team and then outside the comfort zone he is shown up

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

I definitely believe it, I think Bissouma is going to be a major flop when he gets his transfer. Wont be the first to play well at a mid table team and then outside the comfort zone he is shown up

Nah I think he will do alright just not be the world beater some seem to think he will be. 

Zat Knight was just a very average defender at Fulham and continued to be so at Villa.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes thats what I feel. Hes always ok but never feel wow hes had a good game like you do with Buendia. 

That is a bit like saying that Chopper Harris was OK but he never wowed like Pele.  I mean they are two completely different types of player playing two completely different roles.  Luiz is being asked to collect the ball off the back 4 and pass it up the field so that the attacking 3 can try and create something.  Even the best player in the world at doing that is not going to "wow" compared to the guy given a "free role" to attack the opposition back 4.

16 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Gerrard is simply acknowledging that Luiz is doing a job for us outside his preferred position while Nakamba is injured. 

I don’t see it as a criticism of the player, more an acknowledgement that we won’t see the best of Luiz until we have an actual defensive midfielder behind him. 

5 minutes ago, allani said:

It may also be a reference to the fact that he knows that Luiz is playing out of position and that when played in the correct / preferred position he's expecting to see a big improvement because we'll suddenly be playing to his strengths?????

If that was what he meant, wouldn’t he have said that? “He’s done OK” doesn’t quite capture this.

5 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

If that was what he meant, wouldn’t he have said that? “He’s done OK” doesn’t quite capture this.

Well this was the rest of the quote from Gerrard: 

“We’ve been happy with his training level and the performances he has given.

“We believe there’s room for him to improve. He’s doing us a job as a No.6 at the moment. We know that he prefers to play a bit more advanced but he’s helped us out an awful lot on the back of Nakamba’s injury.

“We rate the player extremely high and we’re hoping from now until the end of the season, he can really perform at his best and help the team moving forward.”

The way I read that is Gerrard saying he’s done ok filling a gap for us, not that he’s been lacking as a player. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Well this was the rest of the quote from Gerrard: 

The way I read that is Gerrard saying he’s done ok filling a gap for us, not that he’s been lacking as a player. 

Yup, I read it as "he's done well in this position we asked him to play for now, but he can be better in his preferred position".

Â