Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

8 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Hes not going back to City, they have to many ace midfielders.

They were saying on BT other day his buyback ends in summer, personally I think he will remain with us.

We all know his buyback clause expires this summer.

Who are their "ace midfielders"? Gundogan is 30, Fernandinho is 35. Rodri is good but Douglas has equally as high a ceiling as Rodri, if not higher.

Plus you would happily have both in your squad.

Edited by Tom13

38 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

We all know his buyback clause expires this summer.

Who are their "ace midfielders"? Gundogan is 30, Fernandinho is 35. Rodri is good but Douglas has equally as high a ceiling as Rodri, if not higher.

Plus you would happily have both in your squad.

Add to those three you mentioned like Foden, De Bruyne, Mahrez, Zinchenko, Silva??

It's a decent list where I think City just do not need Luiz at all, they also must know it been as they've yet to come back in for him and could of done by now.

You also have to look at it from Citys view, where our club Villa is trying to get on the same list of signings as the likes of City, pool, utd and so on make. City will look for the next big name in football not be concerned about someone they let go before. Luiz is not in that pool of star named players as they have already, he could be but hes not there yet. Dont forget hes playing well for us not them, he goes back to City and that may not turn out so well for him, especially when they have things going there way on field at the moment. Luiz will know who they have there and may feel as though he can give more to Villa than City,he may feel they already have there midfielders and for the time being dont need anymore,I personally i dont think they do.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Add to those three you mentioned like Foden, De Bruyne, Mahrez, Zinchenko, Silva??

What have any of these players got to do with Douglas Luiz? 😂🤦‍♂️

Completely different positions/roles. And Zinchenko is a left back!

Edited by Tom13

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

What have any of these players got to do with Douglas Luiz? 😂🤦‍♂️

Completely different positions/roles. And Zinchenko is a left back!

Laugh but you just made yourself look daft, Zinchenko is an central midfielder, LM and LB who can also say as a LWB. They all have something to do with Luiz since your brought up three that were midfielders and I brought the rest into it that you did not add.

It feels like you've gotten lost in your own puzzle.

Edited by Dave-R

47 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Laugh but you just made yourself look daft, Zinchenko is an central midfielder, LM and LB who can also say as a LWB. They all have something to do with Luiz since your brought up three that were midfielders and I brought the rest into it that you did not add.

It feels like you've gotten lost in your own puzzle.

Not at all mate. If you think Luiz will be competing with Foden, Bernardo Silva, De Bruyne and Mahrez for a position you are just wrong.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Not at all mate. If you think Luiz will be competing with Foden, Bernardo Silva, De Bruyne and Mahrez for a position you are just wrong.

Agree, the three people who play his position at city are Rodri, Fernandinho and Gundogan. One is over 35, one is 30 and injury prone, so it all comes down to how much city rate Rodri basically. They spent £56m on him so I can’t see them binning him anytime soon and will Douglas Luiz want to sit on the bench? 

• Like 1

The fact is that city can offer CL football and will offer wages and transfer fees unmatched in the world. They will go for better players than Luiz methinks.

By all means Doug is a good player, but assuming we're getting £30-40 million, I don’t think it will be a big problem replacing him.

The arabs will simply be after bigger names for their playground.

• Like 1

I think sadly that he will go back to Man City. He is 22 . He is a starter in the Brazilian national team . And Pep will believe he can coach him to become better.  Be part of the Man City 1st team squad playing 30 games a season across the CL , domestic cups and the league or play 40 games a season for us ..

17 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

Being linked with Man City and Juventus..... but not good enough for us. FML

well Westwood played better than him the other day and Nakamba did too. he even apologised himself for playing badly. I feel Man City or Juventus are a long way off.

Edited by Danishlad

59 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

well Westwood played better than him the other day and Nakamba did too. he even apologised himself for playing badly. I feel Man City or Juventus are a long way off.

I think we're all forgetting how young he is at times. He's bound to have patches of poor performances. Immense talent at the age of 22.

• Like 2

I think City will move to bring him in but something tells me that he and Pep get along and that ultimately it will be down to Doug.

If he is happy to go back and bide his time to cement a place down then he will but I feel as though Pep won't force him 'if' he did want to stay here.

8 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Yep, that's like saying that at Villa he's competing for a place with grealish, barkley and Traore. It just isn't the case. Different roles

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Btw @Dave-R didn't mean to come across as condescending mate. Laughing emoji was unnecessary.

It's okay mate were all friends here just giving our views. It can be abit Sarcy sometimes on here, main thing is we all get along despite having difference of opinions on subjects.

I myself to think City wont come in for Luiz but that's me. I can also understand some of you are abit nervous we might lose him. It's always a possibility because the buy back is there, we just have to wait it out and hope City dont come in for him.

I think summer window there will be player going and much better coming in, that's my feeling. I just think that we will keep our best and move on upwards. It's the only way really to compete at this level by getting rid of players who are not playing well on a regular basis and buy the best we can.

I'm sure the Owners, Smith, Purslow and Lange have all sat down and discussed ways to keep Luiz and have scenarios in place to block City somehow or at least give them a chunk of money to stay away. Luiz works well for us, hes ace so it's in our best interest to keep him anyway we can. If Luiz does leave we do have the cash to go buy better, who though I just dont know who could do a CDM job like Luiz does for us. Were prob talking exceptional world class level who's career has been only to be a CDM, we can only dream of a big name coming in if Luiz leaves...

• Like 1

Â