Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

29 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Luiz was purchased with the purpose of being the understudy to Fernandinho.

My source is a Manchester City blogger whose reporting is all evidence based and proven, as far as I cared to check, which was quite extensively.

However I think purchases and inclusions since this original plan was in place means that City have moved on.

I posted about it when we first were interested in signing Luiz, I could dig it up if requested. Pretty interesting.

Luiz's La Liga career was at a club affiliated to Pep through his brother, and Luiz's progress was carefully monitored.

As I said though, should all be irrelevant now, as it looks like Luiz is our player, and won't be returning to CIty.

Grasp at as many straws as you like brother but the simple fact remains that Man. City have an option on a fantastic young DM at a reasonable price given their coffers.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thunderball said:

Just wanted to post one of my favourite Dougie moments for your enjoyment: publicly pulling down Chilwells pants in front of a full house and the nations TV semi-final audience. 

(Grealish tops it off nicely too)

That is really really funny.

5 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Grasp at as many straws as you like brother but the simple fact remains that Man. City have an option on a fantastic young DM at a reasonable price given their coffers.

I understand your angle, if not fully then partially. Yes City have a potentially world class player on a buy-back clause deal, however, I think considering the variables I'm aware of, Luiz will not return to City. Luiz has to agree to the deal, and despite being tempting to be signed by one of the best clubs in world football currently, it's as simple as this, City moved on and made numerous signings and inclusions to their squad which come with the promise of playing time. City would not only have to activate the buy-back clause, but would have to move on some of their star men, men who have been pivotal in their success of recent. It's unlikely, in my opinion. City have Gundogan and Rodri (who they paid 60million for), as well as a number of other stars who can play in midfield and will occupy starting roles in the matchday XI. Luiz would be asking for reassurances of opportunities, and again only in my opinion, City won't be able to offer what he'll be looking for, without moving on one of Gundogan or Rodri. Also factor in that by going to City and raising his wages, he'll also command a bigger transfer fee, and should it not workout with City, he is then on the sidelines and less clubs can afford him.

City will happily activate that clause, I agree with that, but I don't see Luiz going back there.

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Are you one of those who has chosen to ignore ALL of the other signs which might also seem to indicate he is actually going nowhere?

Luiz is great but some make it seem as if we are talking.prime Claude Makelele here or something.

Obviously he could still move but this just strikes me as more as soon as a player starts being good for us he is definitely off.

There are quotes from our Manager, Pep, and even Journalists today which imply that City have moved on.

There is a Wide World of very good.footballers out there which City have access to,.which.might very well be better than Douglas Luiz.

Even if he does move on, we too move on, someone like Luiz is easier to replace than someone like Jack.

Well said.

As much as I love Luiz, and have always thought that his signing would mean good and even great things for the club, he's yet to set himself apart from the competition and become world class. I think even this Morgan Sanson could easily be someone who is great competition for both Luiz and McGinn, and could potentially take the starting role off of either of the two.And that would be true of a number of players from across a number of leagues as is. Personally though, I think we need to build this team around Grealish, but also Luiz and McGinn, because their performances are what's got us here, and it looks like the ceiling is above and beyond our current position too.

Luiz is enjoying his football with Villa, and Villa is enjoying football with Luiz, hoping it continues for the remainder of his career, because I really rate him and enjoy his style.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Apparently under police investigation for driving with hand held device 

Investigation? Took 2 minutes to investigate that I was driving with a mobile device in my hand. Granted it was my stupidity and I've learnt from it, but an investigation? You either get nicked or you don't.

23 minutes ago, supermon said:

Investigation? Took 2 minutes to investigate that I was driving with a mobile device in my hand. Granted it was my stupidity and I've learnt from it, but an investigation? You either get nicked or you don't.

Maybe someone filmed him on his phone while he was driving? I don't know, or care.

Would've thought he's rich enough to have tinted windows, so that seems unlikely.

Edited by A'Villan

54 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Maybe someone filmed him on his phone while he was driving? I don't know, or care.

Would've thought he's rich enough to have tinted windows, so that seems unlikely.

It will be from the dumb Instagram he posted the other day. He's delete it now. He may well have been stationary/parked up but his mate was filming him prancing around in the front seat holding the steering wheel and his mobile in the same hand. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Well said.

As much as I love Luiz, and have always thought that his signing would mean good and even great things for the club, he's yet to set himself apart from the competition and become world class. I think even this Morgan Sanson could easily be someone who is great competition for both Luiz and McGinn, and could potentially take the starting role off of either of the two.And that would be true of a number of players from across a number of leagues as is. Personally though, I think we need to build this team around Grealish, but also Luiz and McGinn, because their performances are what's got us here, and it looks like the ceiling is above and beyond our current position too.

Luiz is enjoying his football with Villa, and Villa is enjoying football with Luiz, hoping it continues for the remainder of his career, because I really rate him and enjoy his style.

9 hours ago, AV82 said:

Agreed. Time will tell.

For me, the biggest loss would be to the dressing room, as it seems they are tight knit and in sync. I would obviously hate to lose the stability and brotherhood. The trio have huge potential between them.

My comments are less aimed at trying to downplay Luiz, and more aimed at questioning why people think City will be desperate to have him back.

For all we know there could be a gentleman's agreement behind the scenes for him to stay with us. The man himself might also want to stay where he is loved and stable. As well as be a part of a team on the up with ambitious owners.

Our system and culture suits the players we have, they are not guaranteed to fit in as well at another club IMO.

I repeat, I'm in no way trying to downplay Luiz, I just think that there will definitely be other players out their who could effectively fill the same role.

10 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I understand your angle, if not fully then partially. Yes City have a potentially world class player on a buy-back clause deal, however, I think considering the variables I'm aware of, Luiz will not return to City. Luiz has to agree to the deal, and despite being tempting to be signed by one of the best clubs in world football currently, it's as simple as this, City moved on and made numerous signings and inclusions to their squad which come with the promise of playing time. City would not only have to activate the buy-back clause, but would have to move on some of their star men, men who have been pivotal in their success of recent. It's unlikely, in my opinion. City have Gundogan and Rodri (who they paid 60million for), as well as a number of other stars who can play in midfield and will occupy starting roles in the matchday XI. Luiz would be asking for reassurances of opportunities, and again only in my opinion, City won't be able to offer what he'll be looking for, without moving on one of Gundogan or Rodri. Also factor in that by going to City and raising his wages, he'll also command a bigger transfer fee, and should it not workout with City, he is then on the sidelines and less clubs can afford him.

City will happily activate that clause, I agree with that, but I don't see Luiz going back there.

That’s not how buy back clauses work. Luiz has already agreed to the move. Daniel Geey is the foremost expert on football contract law in the UK

https://www.danielgeey.com/post/football-transfers-buy-back-clauses-explained/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, omariqy said:

That’s not how buy back clauses work. Luiz has already agreed to the move. Daniel Geey is the foremost expert on football contract law in the UK

https://www.danielgeey.com/post/football-transfers-buy-back-clauses-explained/

You are correct. City have done these deals before. It's as simple as them saying we want to exercise our buy back option. Here's the money we agreed on.

Also in addition to comment content you were replying to Rodri is rubbish and Gundogan is 30

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, supermon said:

Apparently someone has uploaded a video of him driving to WM Police and they are now reviewing footage from the snitch 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I can't see Man City not buying him back. Even if they don't plan on playing him they could still probably sell him on for a profit anyway.

In that case we should/ can pay the profit amount and be done with the buy back. However on the flip side they might not want him back but call our bluff and get us to buy it out. Whatever happens he's pulled the pants down of many an opposition player especially since lockdown.

Edited by Sulberto21

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

In that case we should/ can pay the profit amount and be done with the buy back.

This is the best case scenario from my perspective if the buyback clause really exists.

Either Man City want him to play for them or we're favourites imho. I suppose one of the other European giants could tempt him but I think City would rather sell to us than a (current) rival for the CL

• Like 1

Â