Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

33 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I can't see Man City not buying him back. Even if they don't plan on playing him they could still probably sell him on for a profit anyway.

They can maybe sell him to a club called Aston Villa 😉

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

Really? We're going to start this shit now. IF he was using his phone while driving then he was being a tit, and endangering himself, his passangers, and other road users. But no, go after the guy who allegedly reported the crime to the police.

Jesus wept man,  I'm not condoning what he's done (even though I haven't see it) and I'm really sorry that word has upset you petal,

Any of these that you would like me to edit it to?.. Squealer, tipster, grass, Informer, nark, stool pigeon, turncoat, mole, tipster, canary, sneak, tale bearer, stoolie, fink, rat, double-crosser, tell tale, blabbermouth, tattler?

They all mean the same thing so I wouldn't get too excited about it chap. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Jesus wept man,  I'm not condoning what he's done (even though I haven't see it) and I'm really sorry that word has upset you petal,

Any of these that you would like me to edit it to?.. Squealer, tipster, grass, Informer, nark, stool pigeon, turncoat, mole, tipster, canary, sneak, tale bearer, stoolie, fink, rat, double-crosser, tell tale, blabbermouth, tattler?

Sopranos GIF by memecandy

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

I can't see Man City not buying him back. Even if they don't plan on playing him they could still probably sell him on for a profit anyway.

Yeah even if they don't want him, I can't believe they won't at least be charging us another £20m to make it up to £35m.

Being positive, if we assume City don't want him (which isn't for sure), would many be willing to buy him off them for more than £35m? Short list I reckon in a COVID affected world.

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yeah even if they don't want him, I can't believe they won't at least be charging us another £20m to make it up to £35m.

Being positive, if we assume City don't want him (which isn't for sure), would many be willing to buy him off them for more than £35m? Short list I reckon in a COVID affected world.

Definitely, and I hope we do keep him.

On the other hand, if we're willing to spend £20m to buy out the clause we could take the £35m and effectively consider a total of £55m to spend on a replacement. You could get a couple of very good PL players for that.

All hypothetical of course and I still think I'd rather stick with Luiz regardless if we can as I feel that he is a key part of the midfield.

Has there been any indication that Man City wants to buy him back? Great deal for them if they decide, but has their been anything from them that they might? Or we just think they will with how well he is playing and the relatively low fee?(Low for them at least)

Edited by Big Salad

44 minutes ago, Kingman said:

The word that you used doesn't really bother me at all. Use whatever one of those terms you feel suits best. I'll just have to go and see my therapist for a few sessions after I read it.

My problem with your post was the painting of the person who reported him in a negative light in what seemed like an attempt to deflect the attention from Luiz and that the problem was the person who reported it. Maybe you were having a laugh. If so, I apologise for misreading the tone of the post.

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

happy gareth southgate GIF by Three Lions

Many adjectives one can use for the waistcoated one.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

He would still have to reach a personal agreement with City - it's just presumed by most that this is a formality. Understandably so to be honest; bigger wages, better team, CL football, more exposure, and the player himself no real affinity with Aston Villa/B'ham.  

He wouldn't - my understanding of how these things work is that there's one contract. He's signed that contract - the contract has a clause in which his registration can be transferred back to City for a fee - if that happens, from his perspective, his £60k a week (or whatever it is) then gets paid by City rather than by Villa - the expiry dates, the bonuses and the other terms of the contract are unaffected, the only change is who his registration sits with. Essentially, when he signed that contract he agreed to play for whichever of the two clubs hold his registration throughout the period of that contract - there is no further need for personal agreement.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He wouldn't - my understanding of how these things work is that there's one contract. He's signed that contract - the contract has a clause in which his registration can be transferred back to City for a fee - if that happens, from his perspective, his £60k a week (or whatever it is) then gets paid by City rather than by Villa - the expiry dates, the bonuses and the other terms of the contract are unaffected, the only change is who his registration sits with. Essentially, when he signed that contract he agreed to play for whichever of the two clubs hold his registration throughout the period of that contract - there is no further need for personal agreement.

What if he in fact decided he wants to stay though? Surely there is a human element?

Pep doesn't seem like the type who would flat out ignore his wishes either.

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Which is why our new contract to him may make them less willing to complete the buy back, albeit unlikely as their wage bill dwarfs ours and Luiz would probably still be at the bottom end of theirs. 

I think most likely outcome is we buy them out of the clause. But if City start asking for more than 20m I could see us looking elsewhere for better value. 

Assuming the buy back is 35m (no one seems to know, not even Smith apparently), then any more than a 20m buy out of the clause and you'd expect us to be able to get better value buying elsewhere.

I see it as a win win for us really.

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Apparently someone has uploaded a video of him driving to WM Police and they are now reviewing footage from the snitch 

Snitch?! Lol

Luiz uploaded the video himself to his public Instagram, which part of this don't you understand?!

He has since deleted it. As I said a few posts back, even if he was parked up it was a dumb thing to do. I have a screenshot of it! 

4 minutes ago, birdman said:

Snitch?! Lol

Luiz uploaded the video himself to his public Instagram, which part of this don't you understand?!

He has since deleted it. As I said a few posts back, even if he was parked up it was a dumb thing to do. I have a screenshot of it! 

Oh FFS, Someone uploaded his video and sent it to the Police data base for review!.. Which part of this don't you understand?! 

Please pay attention at the back! 😂

• Haha 1

Assuming he hasn't got the lurgy, it's only natural that he will want to remind City up close what he can do. So, hoping for a top performance from Dougie tonight.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What if he in fact decided he wants to stay though? Surely there is a human element?

Pep doesn't seem like the type who would flat out ignore his wishes either.

By signing the contract he'll have already decided though. Whether Pep (or whoever makes those decisions at City) would take into account his personal wishes would be another thing, and one which I guess would translate into cash from us to buy out the City element of the contract.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Oh FFS, Someone uploaded his video and sent it to the Police data base for review!.. Which part of this don't you understand?! 

Please pay attention at the back! 😂

Haha fair enough! Love Doug but how stupid can one be!

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Assuming he hasn't got the lurgy, it's only natural that he will want to remind City up close what he can do. So, hoping for a top performance from Dougie tonight.

Sterling 3+ shots on target, 11+ match corners and Luiz to be carded @ 28/1 

Watkins to score, Aston Villa to win, BTTS & Luiz to be carded @ 100/1 

Â