Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

On 28/11/2020 at 11:35, Vive_La_Villa said:

According to google translate it says **** Man City, villa is the only club for me. 

But on a serious note it says this 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Shining in the Villa! 🦁 The Brazilian midfielder has an excellent season, both in the Premier League and in the national team, and already speculates about a trip to Manchester City next season.

I would like to add to that and what Luiz said a while ago on Twitter:

"I've been doing my job at Villa, I don't really have conversations with City or Guardiola," he said.

I believe he will tell PEP/City to do one and choose Villa..

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

What on earth are you dribbling about? 

He would have made a crab look progressive. He was sideways and very often backwards, which is why we end up with Mings trying to play it forward so often. Considering that West Ham were standing off him he should have been able to move the ball forward a lot more. He picked up a bit in the last 20-30 min.

6 minutes ago, poitier said:

He would have made a crab look progressive. He was sideways and very often backwards, which is why we end up with Mings trying to play it forward so often. Considering that West Ham were standing off him he should have been able to move the ball forward a lot more. He picked up a bit in the last 20-30 min.

I guess you missed those 10 long balls forward, 9 of which found their man. 

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I guess you missed those 10 long balls forward, 9 of which found their man. 

How many of those were properly forward though as opposed to barely forward diagonals? He made some decent passes in the last 20 minutes, how many of your 10 passes were before then?

8 minutes ago, poitier said:

How many of those were properly forward though as opposed to barely forward diagonals? He made some decent passes in the last 20 minutes, how many of your 10 passes were before then?

Ah yes, those famous sideways and backwards long balls. Give over.

I'd probably put him on penalties. No idea if he's ever taken one before in his pro career but South Americans are usually decent with their stutter run ups and giving keepers the eyes so I'd trust him more than half our squad continually missing them.

Top class tonight.

Can only echo what's been said above, brilliant tonight. Really dictated the pace of the game like you'd want a player in his role to do. Bit of a brain fart for the goal but he'll more than make up for it if he keeps this level up over the course of the season.

4 hours ago, poitier said:

He didn’t play a forward pass for the first hour. Needs to contribute more.

He passes into space and always finds feet. That usually gets the ball moving forwards. He is a very fine player.

My only worry is playing regularly for Brazil now and a crowded 2020-21 fixture schedule will inevitably mean he burns out at some point. We desperately need a plan B for when he isn’t available. 

Â