Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Couldn't see for a moment why this guy signed a new contract under Gerrard, but I'm bloody delighted that he did.

I think he knew what was going to happen.  Just so much better for having the summer off this year, just a shame it might be too late to get in the Brazil team.

Surely Nas must’ve intervened in the contract negotiations for the apparent turn around in singing a deal… Or got Lange to whisper to his agent plans to sack Gerrard and go for Emery… Doesn’t matter and I’m so happy he’s signed up! And now finally working under a fantastic coach and manager in one he’s only going to get better . 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The fact that he was barely getting a look in, this season, behind McGinn is mind-blowing.

It was one of many mistakes from the last regime yet some people actually think  they werent that bad

• Like 2

What a crime it would have been if we sold him to Arsenal for £20 mill.

People said I was delusional when I said that Gerrard could cost us a £50 mill midfielder by not picking Luiz, now I think my estimate were on the cheap side.

14 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Surely Nas must’ve intervened in the contract negotiations for the apparent turn around in singing a deal… Or got Lange to whisper to his agent plans to sack Gerrard and go for Emery… Doesn’t matter and I’m so happy he’s signed up! And now finally working under a fantastic coach and manager in one he’s only going to get better . 

Yeah it is obvious in hindsight that things were happening behind the scenes in securing Emery and that surely played a part in him deciding to sign a contract. He could easily have waited out this season and went to Arsenal for much more money (and chances of success to be fair) but he loves it here and has the chance to be a modern day legend here now.  He should be properly loved by the supporters from now on.

8 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Yeah it is obvious in hindsight that things were happening behind the scenes in securing Emery and that surely played a part in him deciding to sign a contract. He could easily have waited out this season and went to Arsenal for much more money (and chances of success to be fair) but he loves it here and has the chance to be a modern day legend here now.  He should be properly loved by the supporters from now on.

I had no idea what was going on in the background. But if Luiz demand to sign a contract was either Gerrard sacked or Emery as the new manager, I’m sure he would have agreed the contract in principle and then sign when his demand was met. I think it is more simple, he has a girlfriend here, he like it here, we gave him a good offer. Also I’m sure he, like everybody else on here knew, that Gerrard’s days were numbered.

He's a fabulous player. Always thought he'd soon be moving, would go to a better side and proceed to make Villa look ridiculous for not being able to get the best out of him, but with the new contract and Emery coming in it seems we'll actually be the beneficiaries of it. He has a bit more of a presence and confidence about him this season, he's always had the talent but it's like he's fully grown into the pace and physicality of the league too.

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

He's a fabulous player. Always thought he'd soon be moving, would go to a better side and proceed to make Villa look ridiculous for not being able to get the best out of him, but with the new contract and Emery coming in it seems we'll actually be the beneficiaries of it. He has a bit more of a presence and confidence about him this season, he's always had the talent but it's like he's fully grown into the pace and physicality of the league too.

Still young. 

Has not reached his prime yet.

Never once doubted his ability.  Glad he finally has a proper coach to develop him into the player he has the potential to be. 

Smith saw it in him, but he was so young and had limited experience for a lot of Smith's time. Now he's got the experience, and we're going to reap the benefits instead of another team stealing him for free.

Â