Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 minute ago, sne said:

Keep playing like that and he just might play himself into contention for the WC. Probably too late but U never know with injuries and what not.

We've got Newcastle and Utd next, good chance for him to kick Guimaraes, Fred and Casemiro about.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Simply immense and did everything but score. I've liked him since day dot and see a great player in him. So pleased we got him on a new deal. 

This.

I just want him to find the top corner with one of those bangers he's capable of. Fans will erupt.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

This.

I just want him to find the top corner with one of those bangers he's capable of. Fans will erupt.

I think he'll score 2 or 3 more before the seasons out. He's becoming much more dangerous in the final third getting into shooting positions. I love him. F*** the haters.  

• Like 1

Pretty clear that despite everything else, he is really coming into form, asserting a leadership position on the pitch, and he's committed to the club. 

I could see him as a captain, and even without the armband he's looking like an automatic starter going forward.

21 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Simply immense and did everything but score. I've liked him since day dot and see a great player in him. So pleased we got him on a new deal. 

Absolutely. We've never really played him right due to the necessity of needing someone to play DM. Today we played him and Dendoncker like prime Viera and Petit, one went forward and the other stayed back. No need for a dedicated DM if the players know they damn roles.

• Like 1

I thought he was consistently this good between the two covid breaks.  A mixture of losing that momentum, possibly covid and going to two international tournaments last summer took their toll but this the exact right system for him.  So glad he signed on.

There have been a number of players over the years who have made me eat some humble pie with regards to my opinion on them.  Dougie is one who continues to prove my initial assessment of him wrong.  He's one of my favorite players in the squad now and I was delighted to see him sign a new contract.  Can't wait to see what a talented manager can do with him now!  Excited for his future.

Â