Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

I'd be chuffed if we can now move him on this window. It's clear he will never hold down a regular place here or possibly even provide enough of a challenge to be in the squad long term. Any deal that allows us to open up a squad position and bring in an upgrade is a must. Unfortunately, he was good for a period when we needed to concentrate on numbers rather than quality. He's chipped in but not nearly enough to warrant us keeping hold of him long term. Been a very good pro and has plugged away but his time is coming to an end.  

• Like 2

He was always alright but lacks the natural ability and flair to kick on as a PL attacker. His injury has presumably set him back further. If we got a few million for him then we should definitely look to cash in as he’ll only ever be back up here

21 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

He was always alright but lacks the natural ability and flair to kick on as a PL attacker. His injury has presumably set him back further. If we got a few million for him then we should definitely look to cash in as he’ll only ever be back up here

No disrespect to Trez as I’m grateful for the important goals he scored for us but getting on the bench when Bailey, Traore and whoever else we sign this window is going to be difficult. 

• Like 1

Definitely from the Brett Holman school of "keep your head down and run like mad" but had a knack for being in the right place at the right time and scoring some memorable goals.

The last minute winner against Leicester to take us to Wembley again will live long in the memory, along with some excellent goals in Project Restart.

Good luck if you go, Trez, and thanks for the memories.

• Like 2

Had some of the most underwhelming "highlights" videos I'd ever seen prior to us purchasing him. Was expecting a very average footballer and was somehow still disappointed. 

Some key goals scored through sheer force of will though so fair play.

Laters, trez

• Shocked 1

7 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Essentially kept us up along with Conor Hourihane in that first season. Never been good enough for the next phase for the club but will be remembered for playing his part under Deano. Crazy to me that he still managed 8 PL goals in his time here 😆 

One more than Stan Collymore

39 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Watch the club's number of followers on social media drop drastically when he's sold.

And the homophobic posts will drop too when the club posts LGBTQ information 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Watch the club's number of followers on social media drop drastically when he's sold.

Coutinho has 24 million on Insta alone so we should be fine.

Â