Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Met him this morning going for breakfast, really nice bloke, said he loves it here and I told him we love him too. 

Nice, with fans out of stadiums their direct interactions with fans are going to be limited. So, one dickhead in such a situation could cause relatively more harm than normal.

american psycho thanks GIF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

It feels like every game we have one or two deep free kicks/corners where he just drifts alone at the back with no one marking it and we've gotten a few goals from that. Will teams eventually figure it out?  

Leicester semi final, Manure friendly, free kick for Ollie's header. He has good ability to ghost his way into good positions away from defenders

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Leicester semi final, Manure friendly, free kick for Ollie's header. He has good ability to ghost his way into good positions away from defenders

And quite importantly he seems to be adding to that - certainly in terms of calmness and playing measured passes instead of just running at his man or shooting. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Trez is never going to be a world beater but works his socks off, is a goal threat, and is clever with a pass. Some of us saw it a year ago. Glad ya came around.

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/19496-match-thread-villa-v-wolves/?do=findComment&comment=2791104 

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/19496-match-thread-villa-v-wolves/page/13/?tab=comments#comment-2791149

I'll be the first to admit I didn't think Trez was going to cut it in the PL. He looked like he was struggling to play for longer than 45 minutes at times last season, and looked like he had bad decision making and poor end product. However, I'm glad the club didn't write him off like I did.

Post lockdown he's been really excellent and has improved in all areas. Looks a hell of a lot fitter now and has seemingly a good connection with Watkins. Long may it continue. 

Never in a million years would have expected that performance from him given how he was pre-lockdown. His decision making is still a little iffy (like that 3 on 2 in the first half with Ross and Jack in space and he just did his trademark roll/shot to the keeper), but man technically he's come on leaps and bounds. You could just tell last season that the jump from the Turkish league was gigantic and he was struggling to get up to pace. I imagine it takes a season or so to get used to how much time you really have on the ball in this league. Now his touch, crossing and awareness are so much better. Genuine threat. Traore would need to play a blinder to get him out of the team now. Anwar needs to pay attention too.

• Like 1

I'll hold my hands up and admit I never thought he'd make it here. Doubted him even after the restart. He was better then but I still thought that it wasn't enough. Now he gets better and better. Still an enigma and makes some really strange decisions. Everyone's mentioned the cross for the goal and the cross and pass to Watkins misses, but he also crossed the ball nicely for Jack one time which I think lead to one of Barkley's chances. But he also made an error when Mings were on the run. Trez passed the ball too late and to exactly no one. But that's just him.

I have a feeling that he's slowly learned that he can't be the player he was in the turkish league and has adapted more to the PL. And he works hard and you can tell that he really wants to be good. Sometimes almost trying too hard.

All in all, as long as he keeps improving like this I'm happy to see him in the starting line up. If nothing happens he should be in it against leicester.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Humble brag, guessing you live in a very nice building!

In the American Gardens Building, 11th floor.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â