Mahmoud 'Trézéguet' Hassan

Demitri_C

Trezegeut has done the only thing against Palace that we should of been doing all season long, which is attack the far post. We have not see one glimpse of far post attacking all season, we have not grasped it one bit, so when Trezegeut scored far post I jumped for joy more so for the fact someone finally clicked onto it.

• Like 1

He is absolutely needed for the championship, we need to fill the squad with some depth and he will be more than adequate for that.

We will inevitable lose some players but our squad is already light and getting rid of our 2nd highest scorer would be a mistake. He's not PL quality but a year in the championship might do him some good. 

At the end end of the day he has actually scored 5 PL goals. He’d definitely be handy to have around in the championship and I wonder if being in a lower league for a bit will help him kick in.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Spoony said:

At the end end of the day he has actually scored 5 PL goals. He’d definitely be handy to have around in the championship and I wonder if being in a lower league for a bit will help him kick in.

Well we threw all the new players in the deep end, maybe the win at palace was them finally pulling together. That's the thing with a green side you never know when the clicking starts and while some players do not suit premier league football there maybe be hope for some if they have time in the championship and win the league there. Not only does it give our players time to gain more experience and hash out the mistakes but it gives us time to find new players better suited for the roles we desperately need upgrades on.

One example here is Trezegeut was completely green to football over here but El Ghazi is not, he had time in the championship and should of been the Winger putting in a performance regular. For me Trezegeut there is hope and I say should be given a go in the championship because of his work rate, heart and passion that he shows unlike Ghazi who has had time, always looks uninterested and shows very little every game, do not want that fellas here next season. Jota I'm mixed about, clearly not prem standards but may ok for champ, in fact I'd get rid if we can find two better Wingers to play with Trez. 

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Play him with Elmo down that right hand side from now until the end of the season.

Great point. Our attacking full back play since the restart has limited to some very good early Konsa crosses. If we can get Elmo & Trez on the right and Jack & Targett linking up down the left again, suddenly we might look a bit more potent. 

• Like 1

I like Trezeguet and have felt disappointed with his overall return for us. Like others have said i think not only will he stay but he'll excel next season whichever division he's in. I really would expect 10-15 goals in the championship as I'd expect him to revel in the space and time given. If in the prem, I think he'll get better at using the ball at the right time, and making those far post runs more often.

I thought he was fantastic today. Villa broke with purpose and vigour. We attacked with excellent passing and movement at times. Every time the ball was on the opposite side to Trezeguet we looked lethal. 

MOTM for me. Everton must be loving him today. He stopped all our attacks he cleared the ball out to touch regularly and when he was clear he somehow managed to win free kicks for Everton. 

Haters gonna hate you gotta realise Everton will appreciate. 

• Like 1

So judging from that Instagram he already has a move lined up to galatasaray, Let’s hope we ain’t made a loss on him. One player I’ll be glad to see the back of 

Edited by rbcuk

Â