Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

16 minutes ago, Chine said:

Wasn’t his best idea to put his elbow anywhere near the keeper I admit , but it happens he’s a very good player who would take a lot of replacing so put the pitchforks away lads 

He has been really poor most of the season. Huge step down from last season 

People also want him to replace Mings as leader of the defence but he has offered nothing in that role 

I also think he's had a poor season, major step down from last year. Not sure what it is.

Hause looked better in his position when he filled in for him, Hause was unlucky to be then dropped. Hause n Mings would probably be a better partnership. Have no idea what chambers can offer yet so if be inclined to go with Hause for next game

100% a yellow at the very least.  Possibly even a straight red.  Even if he doesn’t elbow him, he’s going to get booked for deliberately impeding the goalkeeper throwing the ball out.

Utterly brainless act.

• Like 2

Absolutely nowhere near as good as we like to make out and is frankly having a shit season. At least he can’t get away with it this time. 

He’s 24 now, I don’t see an ounce of leadership in him. Always so passive. 

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

A mix of him and Mings for sure

the 3rd he’s nowhere both for the free header and for the strike 

It was Cash's man for the free header, and he got bullied out of it, but Konsa could have been a bit more alive. The second Konsa looks that lazy tracking the runner before he does the back heel flick.

1 hour ago, jimmygreaves said:

Thought he just ran past the keeper and they got in each others way. Keeper threw himself to the ground. 

Could be mistaken though.

No, his elbow was high, and he hit the keepers face with it.  I don’t think he meant to elbow him, but wtf was his elbow doing up at face level?  He was about to pull the keeper back before he could throw it out!

either way, would have been a second yellow

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Second one was definitely a yellow, caught him in the head with his elbow. First one was extremely harsh though, looked like a foul on him if anything.

Watched it back just now before replying, and no - it’s definitely a yellow for Konsa.

The ball comes to him, he fails to control it, and it spins off him to James.  James turns and is about to speed off before Konsa wraps his right arm across his hip and pulls him down at the same time tumbling into the back of him.

2 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

Thought he just ran past the keeper and they got in each others way. Keeper threw himself to the ground. 

Could be mistaken though.

He interferred with the keeper & that will be a yellow all day long. I don't think it was intentional but he just got himself in a poor position. As soon as you catch the keeper with an elbow its usually gonna go bad.

I don’t know why the red is even being debated. He earned it.

Red aside, he was totally shocking today. We have to get a CB as absolute number one priority in the summer. We need a van Dijk level defensive signing. 

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

I don’t know why the red is even being debated. He earned it.

Red aside, he was totally shocking today. We have to get a CB as absolute number one priority in the summer. We need a van Dijk level defensive signing. 

You mean this Van Dyke?

7 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

He’s having a below average season for sure. He’s still a great defender who is a big asset to this club long term. It’s weird to me fans expect perfection now. Players will always have ups and downs.

Always been a fan but that was his worst display I've seen from him long before send off

It amazes me how thick people can people. That second booking was absolutely ridiculous and he should be given a fine. It seemed to me like a "cant be asked to play let me get a silly yellow and get sent off" as i cant believe he would literalky be that stupid.

Letting us doen ezri. Step up or your going to be dropped

He won’t be starting next season. He isn’t good enough. He is also nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. His attitude is really poor. I’ve always thought that Mings is a much better player and I stand by that. Konsa goes way before Mings does.

• Like 1

Â