Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Second one was definitely a yellow, caught him in the head with his elbow. First one was extremely harsh though, looked like a foul on him if anything.

Thought he just ran past the keeper and they got in each others way. Keeper threw himself to the ground. 

Could be mistaken though.

Just now, jimmygreaves said:

Thought he just ran past the keeper and they got in each others way. Keeper threw himself to the ground. 

So did I (even that would be a borderline yellow imo, he stopped a counterattack), but he actually caught him flush on the head with his elbow. Looked painful.

13 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

No he runs towards their keeper and pulls him back as he is trying to start a counter attack quickly. It's a nailed on booking, which is completely brainless  when you've already been booked.

It easy to say in retrospect because he was dispossessed and they scored not long after, but I didnt get the need for him to charge 60 yards up the pitch with the ball when we had just gone 3 - 1 up and were heading to half time. It looked that he was trying to win a free kick but the ref wasn't interested. And then we were positionally all over the place as I dont think we were expecting him to charge forward. Ultimately the goal for them before half time was pivotal as we lost the momentum and undid the positives minutes earlier.

He made a number of poor decisions tonight. I just hope he bounces back from this.

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

If you watch their first goal Konsa is a statue and the ball goes through his legs, terrible defending from Konsa.

A mix of him and Mings for sure

the 3rd he’s nowhere both for the free header and for the strike 

6 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

If you watch their first goal Konsa is a statue and the ball goes through his legs, terrible defending from Konsa.

He’s done that a few times. He has an impressive looking stat that says he doesn’t get dribbled past but it’s only because he never commits and stands well off attackers allowing them to pass or shoot. 

• Like 1

Both Konsa and Mings have mistakes in them. Fortunately for Konsa he's still young and can improve which isn't the same for Mings as he has probably peaked. We have to improve defensively no matter what, so a top CB should be one of our priorities in the summer. 

10 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

Both Konsa and Mings have mistakes in them. Fortunately for Konsa he's still young and can improve which isn't the same for Mings as he has probably peaked. We have to improve defensively no matter what, so a top CB should be one of our priorities in the summer. 

I think the best upgrade we can do for our defense is a new CDM. I like Luiz, but felt he provided little cover and was largely anonymous today.

45 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I assume they will appeal the red card? Any chance of it happening and being succesful?

Even if they could, which they can’t, why would they?

Hes elbowed the keeper in the face. He’s lucky he won’t be banned for 3 games

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Even if they could, which they can’t, why would they?

Hes elbowed the keeper in the face. He’s lucky he won’t be banned for 3 games

Based on the assumption that the first yellow was farcical. I'm not arguing against the second yellow. I just didn't know if there was a way to appeal one of the yellows that resulted in a red and reducing it to a single yellow.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Based on the assumption that the first yellow was farcical. I'm not arguing against the second yellow. I just didn't know if there was a way to appeal one of the yellows that resulted in a red and reducing it to a single yellow.

You cant appeal 2 yellow cards unless mistaken identity. 

They were 2 stupid yellow cards

Â