Matt Targett

villan-scott

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yet he still defends better than Target! That’s the scary thing. 

does he?

is Fred west worse than jack the ripper?

2 BAD PLAYERS

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

does he?

2 BAD PLAYERS

I think they’re two different types of player. Fred used to like to sit deep but Jack played more of a free role, more of a number 10. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think they’re two different types of player. Fred used to like to sit deep but Jack played more of a free role, more of a number 10. 

maybe so, but as bad as one or the other.

Fairly limited player but essential to have him in that starting lineup whenever possible because he does contribute considerably to our (attacking) play and links quite well with Jack. Worried about his apparent proneness to injury... 

He’s young and will continue to develop with good coaching and match experience.

I just really wish Dean would give up on and even discard Taylor and (if we don’t have the capacity/capability to sign a new/better LB, would love Amavi back though!) convert or focus on Hause as an alternative for that position. Don’t rate him too highly but another youngster who can only improve. Konsa is better imo and Kortney looked decent at LB last season...  

I liked the Engels and Mings partnership but injuries disrupted it and I’m not a big fan of 3 at the back tbh. Would like that restored if possible.

Playing Taylor is a handicap, he limits us massively. I want him gone or to be, quite simply, a last resort. 

I honestly find It shocking that someone who was not good enough in the championship is getting games in the PL. It’s the case, to a lesser degree, for a few other players too...

Also, Guilbert should be starting ahead of Elmo every time. The lack of depth and quality in our squad has been completely exposed...

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Targett 5th for tackles and clearances per game, 1st for interceptions, and 4th for key passes. Yet another player that comes in for criticism where player like Luiz does a whole lot of nothing and nary a mention

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Targett 5th for tackles and clearances per game, 1st for interceptions, and 4th for key passes. Yet another player that comes in for criticism where player like Luiz does a whole lot of nothing and nary a mention

Is this a joke mate? Luiz has been slaughtered! 

20 hours ago, TRO said:

does he?

2 BAD PLAYERS

I'm genuinely baffled that 14 - 17 mill for a Left back and Matt Target is the best we could do?

Might be a better player in the future but surely at that money we could find a better full back all through the leagues!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is this a joke mate? Luiz has been slaughtered! 

Nah, he gets away with a lot of shit that he wouldn't if he wasn't Brazilian, 21 and supposedly rated by Pep. The amount of people who blamed Konsa for the goal against Leicester more still baffles me and makes me question whether they were even watching the same game.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm genuinely baffled that 14 - 17 mill for a Left back and Matt Target is the best we could do?

Might be a better player in the future but surely at that money we could find a better full back all through the leagues!

totally agree

• Like 1

Â