Matt Targett

villan-scott

39 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

That was hause fault all day long.

The centre forward belongs to the cb not hoping the left back Mark's him.

Nope Hause was marking ndidi. Iheanacho came from right wing and behind Targett. It wasn't hause's fault the same way it wasnt soyuncu's fault for the winner. 

• Thanks 1

One of his best games for us. Linked up with Jack excellently. Grealish is so much more effective out wide when his overlap isn’t just a decoy (i.e. isn’t Neil Taylor..).

Targett is still not there defensively, I agree with some above that he could’ve done better with their goal - seemed to let Kelechi drift past him tbh. 3-5-2 suits him a lot more anyway.

Edited by Cizzler
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

One of his best games for us. Linked up with Jack excellently. Grealish is so much more effective out wide when his overlap isn’t just a decoy (i.e. isn’t Neil Taylor..).

Targett is still not there defensively, I agree with some above that he could’ve done better with their goal - seemed to let Kelechi drift past him tbh. 3-5-2 suits him a lot more anyway.

Ain't that the truth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

That was hause fault all day long.

The centre forward belongs to the cb not hoping the left back Mark's him.

No I definitely thought their goal was on him.  Their player ran in and Targett just didn't track him and was in fact stationary.

He was otherwise excellent though. 

29 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Yeah Sky were running a piece on their news app analysing Grealish and Targett’s link up, was actually quite interesting and accurate for once.

(the news piece, not Jack/Targetts linkup)

Couple of my friends were watching the game with me, I was saying that our main threat apart from Grealish from my perspective is Targett. Their link up is great. It didn't take too long until they proved me right. 

I think this 3 at the back will be implemented more in the future. I've seen couple of teams playing it so far. I won't mind building our team on it actually.

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

No I definitely thought their goal was on him.  Their player ran in and Targett just didn't track him and was in fact stationary.

He was otherwise excellent though. 

100% as was saying few pages he never tracks the runners, very lazy defensively. 

Anyone blaming the goal on hause is a clown.

He is a proper footballer. I absolutely love him. This is what football is about, having confidence and hope, and enjoyment, the anticipation that when a player receives a ball that something magical can happen.

I would rather a Targett for all his faults, that Neil **** Taylor.

Him and Jack are just on that wavelength. A new breed of footballer we should have been bringing to the club 5-10 years ago.

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If anyone still prefers Taylor over Targett then you need a **** brain transplant.

Taylor could play for another 10 years at peak fitness and he wouldn't offer the threat Targett offered last night.

Wait...there were people who preferred taylor over targett?

WTF

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Wait...there were people who preferred taylor over targett?

WTF

Loads.

Because Taylor can defend better, apparently.

It's not even true, but even if it was it wouldn't make him a better option than Targett.

So many things Targett did last night I turned to my mate and said "could you ever imagine Taylor doing that?!"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

IIRC correctly, Taylor has never scored a professional goal.

He's scored one. For Wales.

It's not hard to see why. He's probably the worst fullback, attacking-wise, in the league. Attacks die with Neil Taylor.

The way Grealish and Targett linked up last night was very very good and it literally would not happen with Neil Taylor in the team

Â