Matt Targett

villan-scott

19 minutes ago, AV82 said:

He’ll flourish in a 3-4-3. Mark my words.

Anything that means he has to do more attacking and less defending is a bonus.

He'll have some great games there.

29 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Really undecided on Targett. Against any sort of pace - Aarons, Traore etc. he seems to come seriously unstuck. 

He’s certainly more than capable going forward and I want him to be great but I’m just not sold on him. 

I like him, but I agree. Unfortunately pace is a rather big thing as a wingback 

On 04/01/2020 at 09:45, KenjiOgiwara said:

I like him, but I agree. Unfortunately pace is a rather big thing as a wingback 

So is the ability to get forward. 

Smith said in the presser

"We've had 18...20 outfielders training today so it's looking good"

Why they didn't ask him specially about Targett I don't know.

Taking Kodj out, we've only got 21 senior outfielders including McGinn, Wes and Davis. So surely he's in good shape?

We will lose with Neil Taylor.

• Like 1

On 10/01/2020 at 04:57, LondonVillian said:

paperweight player, bottles every challenge and is constantly injured.

1st in club for most interceptions per game and only Fred, Nakamba, McGinn and Hause make more tackles per game. 

He needs to find consistency....but when the going gets tough, he needs to shine, instead of shrink.

He falls in to the too many "luxury player" category for me.

However, better than Taylor.

Edited by TRO

On 04/01/2020 at 10:15, Delphinho123 said:

Really undecided on Targett. Against any sort of pace - Aarons, Traore etc. he seems to come seriously unstuck. 

He’s certainly more than capable going forward and I want him to be great but I’m just not sold on him. 

Everybody has problems with Traore

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s our best crosser of the ball by far.

and not being disrespectful.....but that sums up a full back?

Its just one attribute amongst many a good full back requires......no where near enough.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

and not being disrespectful.....but that sums up a full back?

Its just one attribute amongst many a good full back requires......no where near enough.

No I was just saying he can cross a ball. I didn’t say he can defend. I actually think Taylor’s a better defender but many on here are convinced Taylor in the team equals automatic defeat. Doesn’t matter who the other 10 players are. 

I would like to see Target as a full back with a back 3 so we don’t have to worry as much about his defending. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No I was just saying he can cross a ball. I didn’t say he can defend. I actually think Taylor’s a better defender but many on here are convinced Taylor in the team equals automatic defeat. Doesn’t matter who the other 10 players are. 

I would like to see Target as a full back with a back 3 so we don’t have to worry as much about his defending. 

I would love to play against Taylor, even at my age.

Defend, he couldn't defend an argument.

Â