Matt Targett

villan-scott

Time after time his passing went astray today.

Clearly not the only one guilty of this, but when he’s the one with the most opportunities to get Grealish on the ball.. it becomes amplified to the point of exasperation.

• Like 1

The thing with fees is that sometimes the position of the club plays a part. For instance Liverpool have just signed  some Japanese kid that everyone is raving about for £7m. Any club in the PL could have afforded that, but only so many clubs were ever going to get him. 

Is Targett a £14m fullback? Probably not, but he is better than what we had. 

Edited by av1

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Nah, he gets away with a lot of shit that he wouldn't if he wasn't Brazilian, 21 and supposedly rated by Pep. The amount of people who blamed Konsa for the goal against Leicester more still baffles me and makes me question whether they were even watching the same game.

You must be reading a different forum because Luiz got destroyed on here. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You must be reading a different forum because Luiz got destroyed on here. 

Not on Luiz thread. People were more interested in slating Nakamba in his thread that I bumped the Luiz thread as no one was posting in it after Leicester game

27 minutes ago, Thug said:

Time after time his passing went astray today.

Clearly not the only one guilty of this, but when he’s the one with the most opportunities to get Grealish on the ball.. it becomes amplified to the point of exasperation.

Everyone's passing went astray and has done for ages because we are hanging on and fighting for our lives while low on confidence but at least he tries to do something positive with it and he does provide crosses that we can attack and hopefully score from.  I'm pretty sure many of the same people who bemoan us not signing Premier League ready quality are those who say we overspent on Targett.  £10-14m is cheap for buying players from Premier League teams these days.

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Everyone's passing went astray and has done for ages because we are hanging on and fighting for our lives while low on confidence but at least he tries to do something positive with it and he does provide crosses that we can attack and hopefully score from.  I'm pretty sure many of the same people who bemoan us not signing Premier League ready quality are those who say we overspent on Targett.  £10-14m is cheap for buying players from Premier League teams these days.

I quite like him to be fair

• Like 2

Has quality but his conditioning like most of our squad is an absolute joke. Looks gassed after every run....like most of our squad. It is a joke. We cannot press we cannot hassle and on the odd occasion we do get the ball we give it away because most are blowing out their arseholes.

Targett I believe is a good lad with quality. He is being failed.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s better than Taylor but we’ll need a replacement in the summer if we stay up. He’s a championship level player. 

That will bode well for us next season then .......

Â