Matt Targett

villan-scott

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Sharing the El Ghazi trait of getting "hurt" when it's tough is a nasty habit.

Evidence?

Theres a lot of posters who throw around stuff like this and it gets accepted as a given. 

By this rationale if Grealish is "hurt" against Burnley when we are losing he's developing a nasty habit as well. 

2 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Evidence?

Theres a lot of posters who throw around stuff like this and it gets accepted as a given. 

By this rationale if Grealish is "hurt" against Burnley when we are losing he's developing a nasty habit as well. 

Evidence is those pair going off injured and appearing back in the starting lineup the next game with no issues.

You can think that about Grealish if you want, I won't. I've seen enough from him to believe he's got some balls and will play through thick and thin.

Incidentally I wouldn't be playing Targett at Burnley if Mings is fit, not suited to him I don't think.

Targett deserves the rest of the season, injury permitting, to work on his mentality, physicality and fitness. Smith himself has said he's lacking in those areas so it's fair to expect improvement if given time.

Targett is a prime example of the technically sound, young players we're aiming to develop into better players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, AVTuco said:

HAHA... usually people are accused of never changing their opinion (on web boards like this), but here you should hold the same opinion on a player no matter what, otherwise you're fickle.

I'm sure you guys love Villalad21, he sticks to his opinions.

except he doesnt ;)

Think he’s a quality player with a lot of potential who will thrive in a 3-4-3. Has won us points on his own this season and will continue to develop. Let’s not get on his back, it’s hard to look good at full back in a struggling team.

49 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Think he’s a quality player with a lot of potential who will thrive in a 3-4-3. Has won us points on his own this season and will continue to develop. Let’s not get on his back, it’s hard to look good at full back in a struggling team.

Pretty sure his points lost for us is considerably higher than any gained - he is dreadful, lazy and paperweight defender.

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 19:15, Thug said:

You do know that he’s a left back, right?

Yes I do, silly mistake blame my advancing years, still the worst Left back ive seen at VP

On 02/01/2020 at 16:33, LondonVillian said:

Pretty sure his points lost for us is considerably higher than any gained - he is dreadful, lazy and paperweight defender.

I can point to at least a couple of games where he has directly contributed to us picking up points (Brighton, Man Utd, and we looked much more dangerous in the Burnley home and Norwich away games when he came in for Taylor).

His poor performances have tended to come in games where we were already getting schooled, and would have lost anyway. Can you think of a match where he has cost us the game?

I agree that he has defensive issues (more for positional reasons than being lightweight) but he offers a lot going forward. Very composed on the ball and decent delivery into the box. Would have several more assists if we could finish better.

He’d definitely suit our new wing back system (contrary to some other posts on this thread, I’m told by a Saints fan LWB suited him well when Hassenhutl player 3-5-2 for a while).

Â