Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

you can, you can take a gym/sports bottle in with a non-fizzy drink in.  I checked with the club at the beginning of last season and I’ve done so ever since

IMG_1997.jpeg

Don’t know where they get that from, we always take bottles of coke in with us, have had no issues doing this for years just have to take the lid off

Edited by rbcuk

26 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Don’t know where they get that from, we always take bottles of coke in with us, have had no issues doing this for years just have to take the lid off

I think it’s because the security people just don’t give a shit…most of them don’t know the rules.  I just have that message on me if I get an idiot who says I can’t take my bottles in which has only happened once since and I showed them the message.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think it’s because the security people just don’t give a shit…most of them don’t know the rules.  I just have that message on me if I get an idiot who says I can’t take my bottles in which has only happened once since and I showed them the message.

You've got to laugh haven't you. The obscene wealth in the league, and the security of fans and players is at the mercy of some barely trained gig-economy workers who couldn't give a shit and whose decisions are swayed by some random guy with a screenshot on a phone because it's not worth the hassle.

I once walked in with a rammed backpack, the guy was going to search through it until he realised I'd just come from work and I had dirty clothes at the top of it, suddenly had no interest in rummaging through it :D 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Oh, I assumed it stopped close to the ground? Does it stop on the Lichfield Road?

I think near Aston station, but I'm not quite 100% on that. 

Talking of the security guys. When there was the threat of ISIS during the Champions League week, when we played Lille, the security guard wasn’t checking anyone in the turnstile I went through in the Upper Holte. My flabbers were gasted. Of all the games. Of course nothing happened, but I’d have preferred to have been checked thoroughly just in case. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, limpid said:

It's definitely not, it's part of the culture before a game to remind the people you are with to hide the lids of any drink bottles they have. I'm sure all the people doing searches know this too.

I guess they've decided you are unlikely to throw a flask at the pitch.

I can see them installing water fountains, but not for the purpose of refilling bottles. In most parts of the ground there are so few toilets that I dread to think what might happen.

I heard somewhere that the removing of lids wasn't to stop you throwing bottles, but was to ensure if there was a crush situation that any bottles on the floor would be crushed under feet and not act as a trip hazard (a bottle with a lid on wouldn't crush so would trip people up)

That may very well be complete nonsense, but it's what I heard :D 

• Like 1

The fizzy drink bottles seem to have had a bottle top change now in that they twist and flip rather than come off at least the ones I buy in meal deals at supermarkets anyway!

Interesting how that plays out at Villa.

not something the club can do about it unless they catch the person in the act, but there is a post on the avfc subreddit on reddit showing an aston villa nazi supporting sticker which someone had stuck on the cubicle wall of a toilet in the trinity. Shocks me that we have people like that supporting the club, i hope they dont celebrate every time one of our black players scores!

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

13 hours ago, S-Platt said:

The fizzy drink bottles seem to have had a bottle top change now in that they twist and flip rather than come off at least the ones I buy in meal deals at supermarkets anyway!

Interesting how that plays out at Villa.

The lids of the bottles they were selling on Saturday didn’t come off. I asked the steward in the stand if I could take it back to the seat and it was fine. I think I was stopped previously. Exciting Monday night conversation!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Need to do something about the away end being able to see the Sky feed in the boxes behind them and thus giving away the VAR decision before the ref does.

That or PMGOL could just let us see what's going on on the **** big screens!

• Like 1

Â