Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

Sit in the upper trinity and have noticed a vast improvement in Que times and food options last two games. Would still like to see water stations so you can fill up a bottle. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

Sit in the upper trinity and have noticed a vast improvement in Que times and food options last two games. Would still like to see water stations so you can fill up a bottle. 

You can;t take a bottle (with a lid on it) in anyway.

Not sure how the Upper North stand passes any type of fit for purpose test in close season. Was horrendous last night. I appreciate its not the lower grounds, but surely theres office space they could repurpose somewhere. 

• Like 1

On 30/03/2024 at 08:58, John said:

That's really good news. £5 return from today New Street Station to Villa Park. What's not to like? :flag:

I'll give it a go! 😜 

Why is it more than the capped bus fares of £2 a trip?

5 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

You can if you bring a second lid and hide it somewhere (allegedly)

Oh, in that case I'm sure they'll put in water refill points :mrgreen:

16 minutes ago, limpid said:

The water they sell has the lid attached so I don’t know if that’s just hearsay. See people brining flasks in the ground frequently as well. Capless or not for the money we pay we should have clean drinking stations. Especially when they are prone to selling out and not being able to supply any at all. 

1 minute ago, limpid said:

Oh, in that case I'm sure they'll put in water refill points :mrgreen:

I'm fed up of not being able to be a responsible adult and to teach my lad the same, all cos of some idiots wanting to throw things on the pitch or have a fight cos they're pissed. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

The water they sell has the lid attached so I don’t know if that’s just hearsay. See people brining flasks in the ground frequently as well. Capless or not for the money we pay we should have clean drinking stations. Especially when they are prone to selling out and not being able to supply any at all. 

It's definitely not, it's part of the culture before a game to remind the people you are with to hide the lids of any drink bottles they have. I'm sure all the people doing searches know this too.

I guess they've decided you are unlikely to throw a flask at the pitch.

I can see them installing water fountains, but not for the purpose of refilling bottles. In most parts of the ground there are so few toilets that I dread to think what might happen.

1 hour ago, Stratvillan said:

Not sure how the Upper North stand passes any type of fit for purpose test in close season. Was horrendous last night. I appreciate its not the lower grounds, but surely theres office space they could repurpose somewhere. 

Well at the moment they think its fine to host a major international tournament. God help those attending.

It’s interesting what they’ve done with the north stand upper to try and ease congestion, opening up that room next to the betting stand and then allowing people to go for a smoke at half time too. However I still think there’s too many groups of people standing in the middle of the concourse once they’ve grabbed their beer, it would be better if they could move into the room or stand along the side rather than smack bang in the middle or on the stairs 🙈

4 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I'll give it a go! 😜 

Why is it more than the capped bus fares of £2 a trip?

I guess it's because the club has been charged for the use of the buses and the charge for the journey reflects how much they have been stung by the bus company, perhaps there is some charge included for the loss of income on scheduled passenger routes and a charge for having stops in the city centre/station area too?  

Pity it doesn't drop/pick up nearer Villa Park imo. 

4 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

Better still, go ahead and flatten it and build the new stand!

• Like 3

They've closed the extra room in the upper north for what looks to be refurbishment so it's now back to being a packed and crowded shithole. 

13 minutes ago, John said:

I guess it's because the club has been charged for the use of the buses and the charge for the journey reflects how much they have been stung by the bus company, perhaps there is some charge included for the loss of income on scheduled passenger routes and a charge for having stops in the city centre/station area too?  

Pity it doesn't drop/pick up nearer Villa Park imo. 

Oh, I assumed it stopped close to the ground? Does it stop on the Lichfield Road?

4 hours ago, limpid said:

you can, you can take a gym/sports bottle in with a non-fizzy drink in.  I checked with the club at the beginning of last season and I’ve done so ever since

IMG_1997.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

you can, you can take a gym/sports bottle in with a non-fizzy drink in.  I checked with the club at the beginning of last season and I’ve done so ever since

IMG_1997.jpeg

"Well I was going to risk a criminal record and a football banning order for the sake of chucking this bottle at Grealish, but this thing cost me a fiver so I won't bother".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

IMG_1997.jpeg

I got in with a single use fizzy pop bottle yesterday, they just made me take the lid off

Â