Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Obviously doesn't help the other stands but:

Oohh. I wish they'd bring that to the lower Holte. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Oohh. I wish they'd bring that to the lower Holte. 

I thought that was in the far left corner of the Lower Holte already? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

I thought that was in the far left corner of the Lower Holte already? 

Ahh thanks. Never get down that end. I probably will now though! 

• Haha 3

My wife tells me, the "Ladies Toilets" in the "Doug Ellis" need urgent attention....its been poor for too long.

These are bare minimum things to get right, before the sophisticated things are looked at.

Get the basics right first.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TRO said:

My wife tells me, the "Ladies Toilets" in the "Doug Ellis" need urgent attention....its been poor for too long.

These are bare minimum things to get right, before the sophisticated things are looked at.

I only disagree in that there is no reason for them to only do one thing at a time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Is she talking about DE Upper? That's right. They are dreadful. The one large one in particular has had some sort of ugly brown grit (yes GRIT ) down it for at least 3 seasons and there are only 5 loos for the whole stand. If i need to go i have to go during game to avoid horrendous queues at half time. One pre season i sat in DE lower and the loos there were like a palace compared to those in DE Upper - and so many more of them too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, limpid said:

I only disagree in that there is no reason for them to only do one thing at a time.

I agree Simon, but I was merely talking priorities.

34 minutes ago, Hev said:

Is she talking about DE Upper? That's right. They are dreadful. The one large one in particular has had some sort of ugly brown grit (yes GRIT ) down it for at least 3 seasons and there are only 5 loos for the whole stand. If i need to go i have to go during game to avoid horrendous queues at half time. One pre season i sat in DE lower and the loos there were like a palace compared to those in DE Upper - and so many more of them too.

She was talking about the lower, so god knows what the upper is like.

We simply should not be having conversations, about this, relating to our club.

The Toilets are a fundamental commitment to get right.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TRO said:

Luxury....I used to get up a 6am on matchday, make a bucket from wood, in Aston Hall park, with my bare hands, walk to the nearest well in Nechells, and walk back to Villa Park, avoiding vicious gangs of thirsty wild dogs, to make a cup of tea. 

and If you told the kids today....they wouldn't believe you.

Tea...?

You were lucky.....we used to dream about having a cup of tea.....

Etc etc 😂

• 2 weeks later...

They should do something about the “Aston Villa Football Club” signage/lighting on the side of the stadium as your approaching the junction for Aston from the m6. Unless you already know what it says, the blue colouring used makes it unreadable from a distance….perhaps they could upgrade the lighting to more modern LED form or something that is easier on the eye?

also the appearance of the holte end from the motorway, for night games could be improved a lot. Currently there is not much lighting focused on the lovely mural, it seems darker than it needs to be. Villa park should stand out from a distance and a few simple things could be done to improve this, especially as we’ve had so many evening kick offs this season

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Sent a brief e-mail to the club last night (fancomplaints@avfc.co.uk) just mentioning that although the upgrade to the ticketing site has improvements it is now more difficult to see how many seats are available without having to click into each block.

To my amazement I have received 2 e-mails from the club (one acknowledging the query and one asking me to call them). I also had received 2 missed calls from Villa this morning which I couldn't answer (as at work) and then Lee Preece called again (supporter liason manager) at lunch time which I answered.

I spoke to him for 5 minutes or so and he said the club are going to try and get the seat issue changed and was something they have raised. 

Whether anything is actually done I guess we'll see but have to say I was impressed the way they reached out in relation to the query today.

So definitely worth trying the above e-mail address if you have a complaint!

I noticed that on the ticket site and thought they were being secretive about numbers again!

1 minute ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I noticed that on the ticket site and thought they were being secretive about numbers again!

Could be that - but apparently it was just the upgrade. Hopefully they will sort it!

Â