Fixing Villa Park - All the small things

OutByEaster?

33 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

I don't know how much difference 5db will make but if it goes back down to how it was before the last few games and I can hear the person next to me that would be good.

It might make a noticeable difference as the dB scale is non linear. For every increase of 3dB, the noise level doubles and vice versa.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, limpid said:

It's why you can't measure sound levels accurately with a phone.

If its calibrated and then used in the same environment its calibrated in I reckon a phone could work.

But you're right.... how you hold it, whether you've got a case on,  whether you're holding it roughly where you're ear will be, and what its reference level is etc mean any reading from an app is likely to be only vaguely useful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Fair points about the calibration but all I know is that for the last few games the music got a lot louder so I could hardly hear the person next to me even when they were shouting in my ear, so something was definitely up.

If you'd measured it day 1, then again day 3, you'd be able to see it had got louder on your phone.  From number x to x+y.

As someone else said, an increase of 3 or 4 would be a significant rise. Be interested to see if you did it again now they say they've lowered it by 5 what you phone says it lowered by 🤔

It's definitely increased and it's obnoxiously loud. I ain't an old man yet, I love my music, blast it in my car, on my headphones, stood next to speakers at gigs and clubs for a decade and no doubt done myself harm. 

I don't want to be objectified to someone else's music at 2pm on a Sunday when I can't even have a conversation with a friend stood right to me.

Absolutely **** obnoxious and another example of people in the club who just don't get it.

Last game of last season, monumental win and huge anticipation of the final whistle, a huge build of pressure and I'm just wanting for the whistle and the roar of the crowd and the chanting and the singing and the fist pumping...

..cut to some gimp immediately pressing play on sweet Caroline at the final whistle.

Damp squib.

They absolutely do not get "it"

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Football clubs/stadia seem obsessed in recent years in piping in shit music at insane noise levels. I have no idea why. It's anti-atmosphere

Murica. 

Edited by sidcow

13 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It's definitely increased and it's obnoxiously loud. I ain't an old man yet, I love my music, blast it in my car, on my headphones, stood next to speakers at gigs and clubs for a decade and no doubt done myself harm. 

I don't want to be objectified to someone else's music at 2pm on a Sunday when I can't even have a conversation with a friend stood right to me.

Absolutely **** obnoxious and another example of people in the club who just don't get it.

Last game of last season, monumental win and huge anticipation of the final whistle, a huge build of pressure and I'm just wanting for the whistle and the roar of the crowd and the chanting and the singing and the fist pumping...

..cut to some gimp immediately pressing play on sweet Caroline at the final whistle.

Damp squib.

They absolutely do not get "it"

It's as bad as goal music. Drown out a period of natural celebration with some shite.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I don’t know anyone that likes the music blasting out. Can we not hammer this home in the FAB meetings?

My advice/request to @OutByEaster? is for the next meeting, please take a ghetto blaster (remember them?) with you and blast some terrible music out at just under legal volume for the entirety of the meeting. Make it so everyone has to shout to be heard, if they complain then tell them this is what good atmosphere is all about and they should be feeling hyped and motivated for the meeting. 

You might not be invited back but it should make the point and if you can get the music stopped you’ll be a legend to thousands.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

The club saying “it’s legal so it’s fine” is nonsense.  Nightclubs are legal.  They’re still too loud.

I must admit because she both replied and actioned this so quickly, I didn't want to be pedantic and argue the point but given that she admitted that the volume had recently increased, tests at the start of the season saying the volume levels were fine are redundant.  But I am grateful they listened and are lowering the volume in the DE stand .

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, MrBlack said:

If you'd measured it day 1, then again day 3, you'd be able to see it had got louder on your phone.  From number x to x+y.

As someone else said, an increase of 3 or 4 would be a significant rise. Be interested to see if you did it again now they say they've lowered it by 5 what you phone says it lowered by 🤔

I will definitely do this but at the moment I'm watching televised games with my dad at his house  as he can't attend at the moment due to serious illness, so it might not be for a few games.

• 1 month later...

They’ve built some more toilets in the Upper Holte. However there’s only six urinals and I think just one cubicle. They could’ve put so many more urinals in there. It’s nice though, to be fair. 

• Like 1

Â