Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

52 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Are you feeling like you have to up your game with @villalad21 on the on the scene? 

Those 2 and a couple others refuse to acknowledge any of Wesley's successes. Almost all of our best team moves have involved wesley often as either a key part or the instigator. Hopefully the striker we sign will link up well with our other players like wesley and maybe this one should be less of a big man and more of a fast fox in the box type player. Vardy lite if you will. 

• Like 1

I've got no agenda against Wesley. I think he could work in the right system. Like at Brugge.

But he isn't what we need. We need a number 9.  Like Tammy was for us last season. A striker that will be at the end of crosses. Make runs behind the defence.

Wesley is not that and will never be.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I've got no agenda against Wesley. I think he could work in the right system. Like at Brugge.

But he isn't what we need. We need a number 9.  Like Tammy was for us last season. A striker that will be at the end of crosses. Make runs behind the defence.

But the 343 is less reliant on crosses into the box?

• Like 1

On 05/01/2020 at 08:06, villalad21 said:

a rare post of yours i actually agree with...aside from the last 4 words.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

I scored a very Wesleyesque goal in 8-a-side today. Ball drilled into me in the box with my back to goal. Took it on my chest, spun round, and then scuffed it low between the keeper's legs on the half volley.

Sadly I'd forgotten to wear my Get Well Soon Wes T-shirt under my kit, but I thought of him as I wheeled away.

Love that

18 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I scored a very Wesleyesque goal in 8-a-side today. Ball drilled into me in the box with my back to goal. Took it on my chest, spun round, and then scuffed it low between the keeper's legs on the half volley.

Sadly I'd forgotten to wear my Get Well Soon Wes T-shirt under my kit, but I thought of him as I was wheeled away on a stretcher.

That's more like it 😉

• Haha 2

I see in the latest FourFourTwo (I’m 3 weeks late because I’m far O/S), their annual awards issue, Wesley got named “Inspiration of the Year”. Looking forward to reading the 4 page interview with him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hornso said:

I see in the latest FourFourTwo (I’m 3 weeks late because I’m far O/S), their annual awards issue, Wesley got named “Inspiration of the Year”. Looking forward to reading the 4 page interview with him.

Ben Mee must have came a bitter 2nd.

Seriously fair play to him, guy has had a tough life and has made himself a good career

21 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I did a Wesleyesque day at work today. I hung around in all the places I shouldn’t be, was never at my desk where I should be, and laid off work to my team mates whenever it came my way all the while looking grumpy and moaning at everyone around me.

Some of my colleagues applauded my sterling efforts whilst the rest just called me a useless word removed. 

brilliant 😂

• Thanks 2

Â