Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

22 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Just reading through the last few pages on this thread I have been quite astounded by the lack of empathy shown by some on here and also the poor attitude shown by some.

I like Wes. He has a lot of potential. He can be a great player for us. This injury is a major setback in him achieving that. He has had some good games for us and played some crucial parts in our season so far. He was very good in his latest game  where he really started to showcase his talents.

Without doubt the thing that has impressed me the most is his character. He is thousands of miles from home, he is young, he is working in a very public and stressful environment and has been getting a lot of negativity in the media, particularly of the social variety. Despite this he has never shirked his responsibility on the pitch. Many much more experienced players would have buckled but not big Wes. Bravo to him I say. I’m sure that with his attitude he will come back bigger and stronger. UTV

Not really based on anything but hope at this point  

He's shown very little to suggest he has lots of potential and could be great. He's played well against an Everton side who sacked their manager, an injury hit norwich side getting relegated and a Burnley team in free fall. 

I think you're going a bit over the top because he had a bad injury, which seems to happen. 

He has been mostly poor with a few good appearances. Statistically, over 21 games, our record signing has been a waste of money. 

I feel bad for him, I wish him the best and I've said previously, everything about him should make him a cult hero. His performances just stop it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not really based on anything but hope at this point  

He's shown very little to suggest he has lots of potential and could be great. He's played well against an Everton side who sacked their manager, an injury hit norwich side getting relegated and a Burnley team in free fall. 

I think you're going a bit over the top because he had a bad injury, which seems to happen. 

He has been mostly poor with a few good appearances. Statistically, over 21 games, our record signing has been a waste of money. 

I feel bad for him, I wish him the best and I've said previously, everything about him should make him a cult hero. His performances just stop it. 

It’s way too early to write him off. He has played well in a number of games. I have also been bigging him up before he got injured so the two are totally unrelated. Patience is an undervalued attribute to many football fans but there are countless players who have struggled initially and then gone on to achieve great things. I think Wes will be one of them, injury permitting.

15 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

It’s way too early to write him off. He has played well in a number of games. I have also been bigging him up before he got injured so the two are totally unrelated. Patience is an undervalued attribute to many football fans but there are countless players who have struggled initially and then gone on to achieve great things. I think Wes will be one of them, injury permitting.

I don't disagree with anything you've just said. 

But it's based on hope. Because he really hasn't done anything to suggest he has potential to be a great aston villa player. A few decent performances is all it is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Just reading through the last few pages on this thread I have been quite astounded by the lack of empathy shown by some on here and also the poor attitude shown by some.

I like Wes. He has a lot of potential. He can be a great player for us. This injury is a major setback in him achieving that. He has had some good games for us and played some crucial parts in our season so far. He was very good in his latest game  where he really started to showcase his talents.

Without doubt the thing that has impressed me the most is his character. He is thousands of miles from home, he is young, he is working in a very public and stressful environment and has been getting a lot of negativity in the media, particularly of the social variety. Despite this he has never shirked his responsibility on the pitch. Many much more experienced players would have buckled but not big Wes. Bravo to him I say. I’m sure that with his attitude he will come back bigger and stronger. UTV

Lack of empathy? What? I swear the entire thread became about praising him, hoping he gets well soon and feeling bad that the team has lost him.

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

Lack of empathy? What? I swear the entire thread became about praising him, hoping he gets well soon and feeling bad that the team has lost him.

You’re just displaying a lack of empathy there!

• Thanks 1

What happened to wesley was for the greater good.

he should never have been signed. and Smith would never have taken him out of the team otherwise for fear of looking a total mug.

he was awful. he'd upped the work rate in recent games which was pleasing to see but was never a threat.

we have had a massive stroke of luck and have a 2nd bite of the cherry to get in a decent striker.... thanks to ben mee!

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

There is no point in trying mate.

Apparently the shit performances can be used to define that he will always be shit.

But the great performances don't indicate that he can be good or has potential to be. lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, screwdriver said:

he should never have been signed. and Smith would never have taken him out of the team otherwise for fear of looking a total mug.

he was awful. he'd upped the work rate in recent games which was pleasing to see but was never a threat.

we have had a massive stroke of luck and have a 2nd bite of the cherry to get in a decent striker.... thanks to ben mee!

I'm glad people like you exist in the world.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I'm glad people like you exist in the world.

Oh, that guy was what he was referring to. Yeah, he does seem to have a few screws loose(no pun intended) but everyone else seems to be mightily respectful. Even Villalad.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

Massive blow for him and us really. Difficult choices ahead for the club, we need competition up top but January is an awful time to try and buy a striker. 

Actually not sure about that. Clubs that have good strikers, but a poor season might be inclined to sell their asset as in the summer they might be more ambitious. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There is no point in trying mate.

Apparently the shit performances can be used to define that he will always be shit.

But the great performances don't indicate that he can be good or has potential to be. lol

How many posts can you find that say he will always be shit?

But yeah you make a big deal about something you're making up/making worse than it is

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

How many posts can you find that say he will always be shit?

But yeah you make a big deal about something you're making up/making worse than it is

If I could be bothered to trawl through the thread/s, I could probably find 100.

Either way, you are trying to miss the point.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If I could be bothered to trawl through the thread/s, I could probably find 100.

Bullshit. 

I reckon a handful of people at most, have completely written him off as a player. And I think that's a generous estimate. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Bullshit. 

I reckon a handful of people at most, have completely written him off as a player. And I think that's a generous estimate. 

Well it is probably that "Handful" of people who have made the multiple posts.

Either way Wesley is a non factor at the moment so nothing to argue about.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well it is probably that "Handful" of people who have made the multiple posts.

Either way Wesley is a non factor at the moment so nothing to argue about.

And yet you've jumped at the chance to have a moan at an exaggerated group of people. 

9 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Are you feeling like you have to up your game with @villalad21 on the on the scene? 

• Haha 2

Â