Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

11 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Oh jeez don't pull that card 😂

Research thoroughly shows that post surgery depression and anxiety can extend the recovery period and strongly correlates with ongoing chronic post surgical pain. 

Edited by The Other Mat

6 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

It's been 2 days, and already you're criticising him for going to Brazil. You're projecting your own experiences onto another person who may have a different set of injuries to the knee with a different prognosis. You don't know what the club doctors have recommended.

I'm not criticising him for going to Brazil 2-4 weeks will do him the world of good see the kids etc but he has some hard yards to put in and that bit is best done back in and around his team mates and staff.

I know I don't know what the club docs have recommended on that note neither do you.

2 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Research thoroughly shows that post surgery depression and anxiety can extend the recovery period and strongly correlates with ongoing chronic post surgical pain. 

Thanks doc 👍😂

Players from different cultures, particularly South America, often go home following major injuries. The club will be in touch with him and whatnot, but going home to family while he's not able to train and play properly is better for him than sitting around in what is still a new environment that he's probably still quite isolated in, which will knock his morale even more than 'just' the injury would.

• Thanks 3

He finally scores for us and it could maybe be the start for him to come good, then this happens. Don't like saying this but Burnley are a dirty team, that was a horrendous tackle by Mee who should be banned for the rest of the season really. There's being physical and then there's inflicting potentially career-ending injuries on players. Disgraceful.

We needed a striker anyway but now it is essential. Really hope we can get the quality we need because it could be the difference between staying in the division or not. 

Official Now:

Injury update: Tom Heaton and Wesley to miss remainder of the season

The club can confirm that Tom Heaton and Wesley will miss the remainder of the season due to injury.

The pair were injured during the second half of Wednesday’s 2-1 victory against Burnley at Turf Moor.

It has since been confirmed that both players have suffered knee ligament damage.

Heaton and Wesley were both in their first seasons as Aston Villa players, following their summer arrivals from Burnley and Club Brugge respectively.

Club record signing Wesley scored six goals in 22 appearances in all competitions and earned himself a call-up to the Brazil squad.

Meanwhile, Heaton has missed only one Premier League game this season, making 20 appearances for the club.

We would like to wish both players well as they begin their recovery.

:(

Edited by cyrusr

I just had a look at Mee's challenge on Gomez. It seems identical. In the Gomez challenge the initial tackle is fine, but he twists his whole body unnecessarily in the exact opposite way to what would be natural and this is what traps Gomez's leg. It's brutal. Sergio Ramos-esque almost. What a dick.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I just had a look at Mee's challenge on Gomez. It seems identical. In the Gomez challenge the initial tackle is fine, but he twists his whole body unnecessarily in the exact opposite way to what would be natural and this is what traps Gomez's leg. It's brutal. Sergio Ramos-esque almost. What a dick.

In the Gomez tackle all the damage was done by that unnecessary second movement, and it should have been a red card and a long ban.

The tackle on Wesley was bad, but I think it's more about Wesley's foot getting caught in the turf as he tries to poke the ball through Mee's legs, and then all of Mee's force comes through his knee at a weird angle. There is a bit of a scissor movement at the end, but it looked to my untrained eye like the damage might have been done even with a legitimate tackle.

I think referees just need to tighten up on these secondary movements during a tackle - there's too much focus on high feet and studs showing. Players claim momentum, but usually it's completely avoidable, and is just designed to add a bit of interest to the initial tackle. Calvert-Lewin's tackle on Fernandinho should have been a red card for the same reason. The scissor movement has no purpose other than to hurt people.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

Christ. Both his kids live in Brazil and he wouldn’t have seen them for a while when also settling into a new country on his own. What a word removed for going back when he’s just discovered he’ll miss the rest of the season and is probably in a bad place.

Club should have obviously revoked his passport and locked him in Julie B's cellar.

Well established fact that cold and damp Birmingham winters are the best for nursing knee injuries and while he can no longer play because he is not a proper beer drinking hard man who plays through the pain he could have still mowed the grass at Bodymoor Heath and at VP.

Smith out!

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

@zab6359 could you get a CV knocked up for me?

I'm on the phone to Villa now to let them know that all of their doctors and physios don't know what they're on about, and this chancer on the internet knows better than all of them. They may as well cut costs by sacking them all and hiring you instead.

If you could get it over to me within the hour it would be perfect

Missed you Steve!

• Thanks 1

Â