Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

To be fair it isnt that hard to convince people on VT. I was slowly convincing people that mcginn needed to be dropped/rested before he got injured. But yeah so 4 or 5 people constantly slinging shit turned probably 80-90% of the posters in this thread against wesley. 

You make it sound like you were the only one calling for Mcginn to be dropped/rested or that you were the reason why other people were starting to think they should be dropped/rested. I've been on the internet long enough to know no one is ever truly convinced by other people on the internet.(I mean, this site is a great example of this). Any change in opinions comes fully from the person holding the opinions themselves. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

23 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

You make it sound like you were the only one calling for Mcginn to be dropped/rested or that you were the reason why other people were starting to think they should be dropped/rested. I've been on the internet long enough to know no one is ever truly convinced by other people on the internet.(I mean, this site is a great example of this). Any change in opinions comes fully from the person holding the opinions themselves. 

I was the among the first. And a few said that they were starting to agree with me. I didn't mean to imply I was the only one. I was just saying that a few people saying stuff for several weeks can easily influence many posters opinions. If someone doesn't have conviction in their belief then 2 or 3 weeks of seeing the same thing over and over causes a change in opinion. Most Internet arguments are done in the heat of the moment so there isn't really time to reflect on the opinion of the other person. This leads makes it seem people are more resistant to their opinion being changed than they actually are. 

With the brief displays of both Samatta and Davis, you really have to question the decision to spend so much money on this guy in the summer.  Took up a huge chunk of our spending and delivered very little. 

For me, could well be the decision that costs us the most. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Guy is out for 9 months. Doesn't play. We lose a game where plenty of players played badly and your first thought is to post in here. Weeeeeirrd. 

And embarrassing!

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Guy is out for 9 months. Doesn't play. We lose a game where plenty of players played badly and your first thought is to post in here. Weeeeeirrd. 

weird and embarasing :D 

maybe i should pretend to get knocked out by the ball so i wont look that weird and embarasing.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

With the brief displays of both Samatta and Davis, you really have to question the decision to spend so much money on this guy in the summer.  Took up a huge chunk of our spending and delivered very little. 

For me, could well be the decision that costs us the most. 

Spot on.

I can’t help but wonder where we’d be now if we’d had Samatta or A.N.other for the first 20 games of the season.

I wish him a speedy recovery but I really don’t rate the kid at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I wish we were like every other club that only made perfect signings every time like Solanke to Bournemouth for €27 million several seasons ago

This has nothing to do with Bournemouth. It’s a thread about Wesley. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Ironic seeing as yesterday had nothing to do with Wes but he still managed to get dragged in to it... 

And the criticism was that we wasted £22m on him, there is a fair point that others have wasted more on worse, solanke being a great example 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I could list last few seasons for every club that don't come near Wesley 5 goals in half a season but it would take too long. Most Gabby scored last 8 seasons was 9 goals (next best season 6 goals). Assume you were on his back constantly for near a decade 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Ironic seeing as yesterday had nothing to do with Wes but he still managed to get dragged in to it... 

And the criticism was that we wasted £22m on him, there is a fair point that others have wasted more on worse, solanke being a great example 

I cant believe what im reading :D Are u saying we cant compare our clubs strikers? 

So wesley play and samata doesnt so we can  express our opinions only on wesley but not samata? 

Samata play wesley dont so we can only express our opinion on samata. WTF?

Edited by Tumblerseven

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don’t doubt others have wasted money. What’s your point? Good for them. 

I merely stated that I think we’d be higher in the league table had we played Samatta for the first 20 games. An opinion I think you probably share. 

Just now, Tumblerseven said:

I cant believe what im reading :D Are u saying we cant compare our clubs strikers? 

So wesley play and samata doesnt so we can  express our opinions only on samata but not wesley. 

Samata play wesley dont we can only expres our opinion on samata. WTF?

Literally no one has said that and Samatta has his own thread

Just now, Tumblerseven said:

So wesley play and samata doesnt so we can  express our opinions only on samata but not wesley. 

Samata play wesley dont we can only expres our opinion on samata. WTF?

It wasn't a comparison though

It was a lazy uneccesary dig

• Like 1

Â