Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Potential to eventually be worth £22m? Not for me.

We've been had, and having a guy not ready for PL football as our only striker signing this summer has cost us badly.

I think is a player in there but very raw, obviously price was too much but needed to be for the work permit. Wesley suffered mostly as we didnt bring an experienced striker in and that Davis got injured to take him out of the spotlight. Management have zero faith in Kodjia

Comparison with Benteke when he arrived he was behind or rotated with Bent or Gabby for the 1st 5/6 months to find his feet

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think is a player in there but very raw, obviously price was too much but needed to be for the work permit

Pretty sure price was just for Luiz. Wesley qualified from playing CL games

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Pretty sure price was just for Luiz. Wesley qualified from playing CL games

God that's even worse then. Can't be right. He took ages to confirm I seem to remember?

I expected him to have around 5 to 7 goals at this stage of the season. What I hoped for though was more performances like what we saw against Everton and Norwich and Burnley. I'm still 100% behind the guy. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Kinda sad to see him thanking everyone for all the kind words after his injury and that it took him having his knee ripped in half for his fans to be kind to him.

Bearing in mind his performances, the amount of support he got at games was unreal! Fans were desperate for him to play well and score, and he tried his best to. He never got any stick despite failing to control the ball most of the time.

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

I think people forget he's 22 at times and just where his career started. He's not where we want him to be but there is absolutely potential to develop there. Not sure why it's up for debate. There's been occasions where PL defenders can't stop him. Few and far between but he can do it. It just takes time, patience and good coaching to get that sort of Wes more consistently. If he was 27/28, I'd say what an awful signing he's been but to me, there is raw ability there. The problem is he's come in as number 1 striker with not an awful lot to back him up or ease any pressure. 

He's been frustrating and such but I absolutely don't get the view that we've straight up bought a dud. 

Fast forward 2 and a half years, do people still really think they'd be seeing the same Wes as now? I don't. 

Agreed. I think he's got ability but like you said he's pretty raw and needs time to develop. 

It was pretty idealistic to think he could fire us to Premier League safety though.

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Kinda sad to see him thanking everyone for all the kind words after his injury and that it took him having his knee ripped in half for his fans to be kind to him.

This isn't true. He's had lots of support from the very start. A bit of justified criticism on a fans forum doesn't change all that

5 hours ago, Wezbid said:

I think people forget he's 22 at times and just where his career started. He's not where we want him to be but there is absolutely potential to develop there. Not sure why it's up for debate. There's been occasions where PL defenders can't stop him. Few and far between but he can do it. It just takes time, patience and good coaching to get that sort of Wes more consistently. If he was 27/28, I'd say what an awful signing he's been but to me, there is raw ability there. The problem is he's come in as number 1 striker with not an awful lot to back him up or ease any pressure. 

He's been frustrating and such but I absolutely don't get the view that we've straight up bought a dud. 

Fast forward 2 and a half years, do people still really think they'd be seeing the same Wes as now? I don't. 

Because the majority of his performances have been woeful.

Maybe he will continue to develop and be a good striker at this level but as a newly promoted club we didn't have the luxury to let him develop at his pace. 

Not his fault we put all our eggs in his basket though.

Â