Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

26 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The only defence I have for him is he only cost half what Joelinton did.  They don’t make Brazilian strikers like they used to.

While true you can't really blame Brazil for European clubs having more money than sense. 

Wes never even played league football in Brazil.

• Like 2

The comments about Wesley’s weight are spot on. I have never seen a striker his age with so little zip and snap. And why have the coaching / medical team done nothing to address such an obvious issue? I was lucky enough to watch Mousset up close at the Etihad yesterday thanks to a relative’s spare ticket. Wow. No comparison. And less than half the price.

47 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You have. Sorry for trying to give the guy a chance.

We’ve all given him a chance. It’s long past that now though. It was obvious he wasn’t anywhere near good enough after 8-9 games. He’s going to get us relegated. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We’ve all given him a chance. It’s long past that now though. It was obvious he wasn’t anywhere near good enough after 8-9 games. He’s going to get us relegated. 

I feel this is a little harsh, he was bought by the club and Smith insists on starting him. For whatever reason whether it be effort, moral, ability or all 3 he isn't good enough at the moment. If he continues to be picked and doesn't perform because he isn't up to this level it is hardly his fault. I am a massive fan of Smith for the passion that he has for the club and what he achieved last year but if he continues with the same team and tactics week after week the blame only lies at one persons feet and it aint Wesley's 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No single player gets a team relegated. We go down it’s on the coaching staff and recruitment team and other players. Not just Wes!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DCJonah said:

The fact you think this was one of his better games shows how **** shit he is.

Lowest amount of touches of any starter from both teams. 

Lowest amount of passes of any starter from both teams. 

1 effort on target

0 dribbles past an opponent. 

And somehow you are using this as praise for him. Somehow this level of shit is deemed better than his usual level of shit and people like you are actually giving credit for it. 

What the **** is going on?

Against Watford, there were a few occasions where he was looking for a through-ball to run onto and he was the right side of the centre back to get there first. However, on each occasion, the pass wasn't made. He would have had a chance to run at goal or get a shot away at least 3 or 4 times that game but nobody tried the pass. I am sure that Grealish, Lansbury, Luiz all had that pass available but they didn't make it and that told me that they simply don't trust him to make something of it. I actually felt sorry for him as he was pointing where he wanted it but not getting the ball. But, I guess when you look so poor game in game out you start to lose the trust of your teammates and that is a huge problem for us.

For the team's sake, Smith has to make a choice. He either adds Kodjia to the starting lineup to help him out or he drops Wesley for Kodjia and give him a kick up the backside. Maybe Smith is thinking that it would have an even worse effect on him. Who knows?

I never fully got this idea of refusing to blame players who are not good enough for the job they are being paid handsomely to be doing. Seems natural to me that the blame falls on them too, just as it does on the people who hired him to do the job in the first place.

Not that I necessarily disagree with that kind of mentality(kind of on the fence about it)  but in general, people who do a poor job get a big part of the blame for doing a poor job regardless of how much effort they put in. Why do some footballers get exempted from this?

Edited by Laughable Chimp

The booing suggestion is a last resort to get Smith to drop him. He’s pulled players off before because he knows the crowd can get at them. 

In saying that, I know there are an abundance of happy clappers on here that would applaud any player, no matter how little effort they put in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Villarocker said:

Against Watford, there were a few occasions where he was looking for a through-ball to run onto and he was the right side of the centre back to get there first. However, on each occasion, the pass wasn't made. He would have had a chance to run at goal or get a shot away at least 3 or 4 times that game but nobody tried the pass. I am sure that Grealish, Lansbury, Luiz all had that pass available but they didn't make it and that told me that they simply don't trust him to make something of it. I actually felt sorry for him as he was pointing where he wanted it but not getting the ball. But, I guess when you look so poor game in game out you start to lose the trust of your teammates and that is a huge problem for us.

For the team's sake, Smith has to make a choice. He either adds Kodjia to the starting lineup to help him out or he drops Wesley for Kodjia and give him a kick up the backside. Maybe Smith is thinking that it would have an even worse effect on him. Who knows?

There was a similar scenario in the newcastle game I think.  Grealish and Mcginn + Wes counter , Wesley seemed like the best option but Jack opted to play Mcginn instead who had a tight angle to get his shot off

7 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

There was a similar scenario in the newcastle game I think.  Grealish and Mcginn + Wes counter , Wesley seemed like the best option but Jack opted to play Mcginn instead who had a tight angle to get his shot off

I remember that too. Have thought since then that there are either cliques or no faith in the lads ability in the camp. Or both. 

Edited by The Inspiration

1 minute ago, The Inspiration said:

I remember that too. Have thought since then that there are either cliques or no faith in the lads ability in the camp. Or both. 

Yes you can see that in the celebrations the  way Connor and jack celebrated vs  Norwich + they always do interviews together,  and it obvious Luiz and Wes look for each other in game and if you can remember back to the away 5-1 win over norwich the dance they both made togther after a goal it was just them and nobody else getting in it , perhaps  I am reading to much into it?

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes you can see that in the celebrations the  way Connor and jack celebrated vs  Norwich + they always do interviews together,  and it obvious Luiz and Wes look for each other in game and if you can remember back to the away 5-1 win over norwich the dance they both made togther after a goal it was just them and nobody else getting in it , perhaps  I am reading to much into it?

Pretty sure Jota gets on really well with Wes and helped him settle.  Jota seemed on his wavelength earlier in the season but it's hard to get them both in the team.

Â