Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

3 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Did you people see the inept performances of Jota, Lansbury and Hourihane last night.

I'm not convinced about Wes, but for him to take such criticism when the quality of service he gets is pathetic I think is a bit harsh tbh

Once again he wasn't out worst player but this was the 12th league game in a row without a goal or assist.

Games where he's played almost every minute. The frustration at his inept performances add up.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Did you people see the inept performances of Jota, Lansbury and Hourihane last night.

I'm not convinced about Wes, but for him to take such criticism when the quality of service he gets is pathetic I think is a bit harsh tbh

When no one wants to cross the ball due to no movement or aggression or will from the forward, our wingers look poor. They are not going to cross the ball in when they know there will be no challenge.

When a long ball is played it comes straight back because again no movement no challenge

So whose to blame ? 

They dont trust him so they cant do their job.

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

When no one wants to cross the ball due to no movement or aggression or will from the forward, our wingers look poor. They are not going to cross the ball in when they know there will be no challenge.

When a long ball is played it comes straight back because again no movement no challenge

So whose to blame ? 

They dont trust him so they cant do their job.

As mentioned in another topic we actually cross it a lot, 3rd in crosses in the league apparently.

There's usually no one in the box to receive them thou.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

AEG always seems to get on the end of two or three crosses every game (not often with an end product but at least he shows for it)

Wesley either watches it float over his head without jumping or watches it fizz across the six yard box from the edge of the penalty area

Not our only problem but without doubt our biggest one - doesn’t shoot, doesn’t head it, doesn’t attack the ball, doesn’t run the channels, can’t beat a man, no acceleration and no anticipation - no credit from me for running around a lot, laying off balls in the centre circle, giving away fouls and falling over

No goals or assists in 12 and averaging one attempt every two games during that time

Whether it’s his fault or Smiths for stubbornly persevering with him is immaterial - He’s just not good enough and he will take us down unless something changes

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

We have to start booing him. That’s the only thing that will force smith to drop him. 

I’m a big critic but I can’t agree with booing any of our players - that said I don’t see how Smith can continue picking Wesley for much longer without things getting nasty

17 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

We have to start booing him. That’s the only thing that will force smith to drop him. 

Maybe pelt him with Brazil nuts as well while you're at it? 🙄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I don't understand how people can't see he is part of the problem when it comes to service. 

What are you expecting? He doesn't run the channels or off the last man. He doesn't consistently get in the box. His limitations stifle what the rest can do. 

It's just easy to say the service is shit but in all honesty, what kind of balls are the midfield players meant to play to him. 

The same arguments were made in favour of Scott Hogan until eventually the penny dropped and everyone realised he's just a shit player. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The same arguments were made in favour of Scott Hogan until eventually the penny dropped and everyone realised he's just a shit player. 

Yep. I said it previously that it's becoming the same.

If wesley ever scores again, I fully expect a load of posts saying "see all he needs is service"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sne said:

As mentioned in another topic we actually cross it a lot, 3rd in crosses in the league apparently.

There's usually no one in the box to receive them thou.

This! we really should be looking for a forward that is good at headers and attacks in the box. it's no wonder we were doing so much better with Tammy in the squad.

1 hour ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Wow, incredible.

Perhaps we should boo the whole team, except Jack and Heaton so they all know they aren’t cutting it and Smith can then drop them all. That should get the confidence going and fire us up the league. Fortunately the replacements are of such high quality what could possibly go wrong?

Edited by Elton

Â