Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

His hold up play and passing was very good. I think his passing ability is very underrated and he links up with Grealish very well. 

The difference between him and Kodjia is night and day. 

Gutted for him, was great until the injury. There's no doubting that he's not been doing enough, but performances like this and the few others of a similar standard show that there's a player in there and the "he's not good at anything" brigade are off. Just a shame that he probably won't be able to build on this for a while.

Kodjia's performance when he came on made it more apparent than anything else that we need a new striker in. Always been a defender of the fella but...jesus. 

I didn’t watch all the game today. But caught second half. 

It shows what we have with Wes, and what some of us have been saying all season. He has massive potential, and needs to learn the game more. There are times when he has needed to do more, and times when he has been unlucky. 

It’s a shame that he is our only striker worth using as some time out of the limelight may have helped. That’s not his fault, and I’m sure we tried to get someone else in but couldn’t get it over the line. 

Still sign someone else this window and hopefully his injury isn’t bad. I think we could really see him grow this second half of the season.

• Like 1

Just now, villalad21 said:

Looked much better when playing behind Jack. Jack almost played as a number 9 today.

Bottom line is. Wesley is not a number 9. He is a false 9 and it's not what we need.

Almost a compliment in there but then no....

Him and Jack worked really well today.  Would love to see him play with another striker as a front two because his connecting play can be so good.  His first touch is awful sometimes.  A fast pacey striker to play off him and working with Jack could work really well for us.

As the saying goes, "that's more like it". The new formation and shape helped, but as an individual he was far more up for it, played with more intensity, moved that bit better which firstly created his first chance, which he probably should have done better with and then his second chance, which he scored from. Very impressed with the one-two with Grealish for the first goal. Very impressed with the ball he played in the build up for the second goal.

The question is whether he can do this consistently, we still very clearly need another forward but this was much better today. I really hope the injury isn't serious and it's just a knock.

Â