Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

It is easy to swing stats, that's why I prefer to watch games.

Wes is absolutely our biggest concern and we'll be getting relegated if he isn't replaced.

We'll then have many of the same issues building attacks in the Championship because he doesn't know what his job is. He doesn't know where to run, where to stand, how to challenge a long ball.

We could argue all day long, yes he is not great - but the midfield is the biggest issue, I watch enough football to know that :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

Easy to swing stats though.

Average pass - He averages 30 passes per game at 84% completion, mcGinn 28 at 82, Grealish 40 @ 85,%, Luiz 30 @ 85% - hardly “some of the worst in squad”  - I read it wrong, it’s average of 17 @72 so yeah dog toffee

losing ball - on average 2.7 times per match,  Grealish 1.7, Abraham spookily 2.7 times per match (just for shits and giggles), AEG 1.7 - so agreed first touch could be a lot better, but some of the balls we have pinged up to him not many could control - but for context sterling 1.9, Abraham 2.7,  C Wilson 2.4, joelinton 3.8

Dribbles - He averages less than 1 a game (.6) but like you say if he doesn’t get the ball or has rubbish control this is expected. (Connor 0.2, AEG 0.9) and again for shots and giggles - Abraham 0.4 per game, Pukki 0.9, vardy 0.7

So Abraham/Vardy are part of their teams major problems? If we’re judging on those stats - like I said stats can be used however you want them (like I have).

he is an issue, but not our major one ;)

Well no those players aren't major problems. Because while they might be poor at certain things they are clearly good at others. Scoring goals mainly. 

Every stat that matters is awful for Wes. Yes other good players have areas they are weak in but the stats for Wes show he is weak in all areas. So no, you can't swing stats for that. 

When he is so bad at everything then of course he is a major issue.

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Yeah those stats look bad but when you look at the underlying causes you notice he gets the ball among the fewest times per game and often in the worst positions. Wesley has 2.7 unsuccessful touches per game ashley Barnes has 2.8 and I'm sure you can all agree he is a good striker. I don't blame Wesley for the poor appearance of those stats the same why no one else blames Grealish for giving the ball away more than any of our other players. It comes with the territory especially when you are often fighting to win inaccurate long balls whilst off balance because you have to knock the defender out of the way.

If wesley is given the opportunity to contribute he will like he has done against Man U, Everton, Brighton Norwich etc. Our midfield gets overrun every single game but we are out here bollocking our striker who drops deep to try and help the midfield. 

Again as I've said. It's not just 1 area where his stats are weak. Its every area that matters for a player in his position. 

If he is given the opportunity? Again you make out like it's not his fault. 

1 hour ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

We could argue all day long, yes he is not great - but the midfield is the biggest issue, I watch enough football to know that :)

Well we can replace 3 players or 1. 

And even with this midfield, put tammy in the team and we will be fine 

A better midfield will make little difference to a player who does nothing well at this level.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well we can replace 3 players or 1. 

And even with this midfield, put tammy in the team and we will be fine 

A better midfield will make little difference to a player who does nothing well at this level.

Well I only hope we find out one way or another, as I think we can agree (regardless of which way round) something needs to change.

Sometimes a good player just doesn’t fit in a club.

Happy new year and all that jazz, here’s to Wes banging in a few in 2020 :)

6 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I read somewhere that Wes plays best on the right of a 2 man attack.If thats the case then he is bieng played out of position.Something DS seems to enjoy doing,eg Jack,S,Hogan,Wesley

So you’re saying it’s not Wesley’s fault? 

Has to be benched today if only for his own sanity, you cannot keep selecting a striker that doesn't score. JK or AEG get the nod if only to try something different. Hell, our best finisher is Connor, I'd try him over Wes today, hitting long vs them Is a crap play anyway.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

apparently Wes is so bad he can barely find it out of the changing rooms onto the pitch let alone know where the opposition goal is, am I right?

Yes and he’s a rubbish driver, never folds his trousers properly and worse of all puts sugar on his cornflakes before the milk. He’s the worst player we’ve had since 1874. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

So you’re saying it’s not Wesley’s fault? 

No,I am just saying that DS is playing him out of position,along with Jack.

I personally cant understand ANY manager giving ANY player this many chances.Wes should have been comming off the bench after 4/5 games.There is no way he should be leading the attack

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I read somewhere that Wes plays best on the right of a 2 man attack.If thats the case then he is bieng played out of position.Something DS seems to enjoy doing,eg Jack,S,Hogan,Wesley

Yeah would suit him to the bones, he can use his non existent pace out wide.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Hogan CV said he is a striker. Just because he was shit doesn't mean he was out of position

I just can’t believe he’s starting again. I can’t remember another Villa player in history being so bad and retaining their place in the side. He must be contractually obliged to play every single game. It’s the only explanation. 

As much as I like Smith, I won’t bat an eyelid if he’s sacked now. You simply cannot keep starting this buffoon and expect to keep your job. 

Depressing.

19 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

apparently Wes is so bad he can barely find it out of the changing rooms onto the pitch let alone know where the opposition goal is, am I right?

Pretty much. 

51 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yes and he’s a rubbish driver, never folds his trousers properly and worse of all puts sugar on his cornflakes before the milk. He’s the worst player we’ve had since 1874. 

Probably true tbh. 

Â