Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

I wish people would question Smith about Wesley. Would love to hear his excuse on persisting with him...he never even brings him off!

Have you ever tried pulling off a Brazilian?

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

He’s an embarrassment of a football player. Whoever scouted this absolute turgid excuse for a striker needs to be hung.

Loan him out, sell him, sack him. Doesn’t matter. The sooner he is away from our club the better. 

For anyone defending him, just remember that he’s one of, if not the main reason Grealish won’t be playing in a Villa shirt this year. 

Most players I can support when they’re bad, this bloke, I genuinely dislike.

F*** OFF YOU USELESS LUMP OF S***.

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

The constant whinging about Wesley is getting tiresome. He started playing football at the age of 14. So to get where he has within 8 years is remarkable. And how many Wesley haters have scored in the Champions League????  And what did Kodjia do today? Apart from being on his heels a few times?

Wesley is struggling we’ll address it hopefully ASAP by bringing a new face in. 

You’re right. I should have done so much more with my life. 

16 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

The constant whinging about Wesley is getting tiresome. He started playing football at the age of 14. So to get where he has within 8 years is remarkable. And how many Wesley haters have scored in the Champions League????  And what did Kodjia do today? Apart from being on his heels a few times?

Wow

26 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

It's a nice story but it means **** all to us. He's not delivering, he doesn't even look like a potentially capable forward since he seldom demonstrates the very basics required to be even a half decent striker. 

He's certainly not being helped by management, it's shocking that Smith hasn't taken him out of the firing line by now. But ultimately he's a £22m signing who isn't anywhere near good enough to play at this level, he quite literally is a waste of space on the football pitch, doing very little to challenge his opposing centre halves, doing very little to get into good positions in the box, just flat out, doing very little in every aspect of striking. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's a nice story but it means **** all to us. He's not delivering, he doesn't even look like a potentially capable forward since he seldom demonstrates the very basics required to be even a half decent striker. 

He's certainly not being helped by management, it's shocking that Smith hasn't taken him out of the firing line by now. But ultimately he's a £22m signing who isn't anywhere near good enough to play at this level, he quite literally is a waste of space on the football pitch, doing very little to challenge his opposing centre halves, doing very little to get into good positions in the box, just flat out, doing very little in every aspect of striking. 

Everyone knows that he needs replacing but the same messages over and over again is kinda boring don’t you think? Kodjia should start against Burnley but if we lose the rhetoric will be to blast Wesley again. I agree he has been poor but the only viable alternative is injured. So we’re stuck with him until we get someone else in. 

We know what we get with Kodjia however Dean Smith doesn’t trust him enough though. Blasting Wesley though isn’t going to improve him nor change Dean Smith’s mind. 

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

Everyone knows that he needs replacing but the same messages over and over again is kinda boring don’t you think? Kodjia should start against Burnley but if we lose the rhetoric will be to blast Wesley again. I agree he has been poor but the only viable alternative is injured. So we’re stuck with him until we get someone else in. 

We know what we get with Kodjia however Dean Smith doesn’t trust him enough though. Blasting Wesley though isn’t going to improve him nor change Dean Smith’s mind. 

I have a big issue with a player being shown that he can be incredibly shite each week yet still command a starting role. Absolutely not Wesley's fault, I really have no idea what Smith is playing at. Yes Kodjia is crap but he came on today and looked more interested than Wesley and he frankly would, IMO, be better than Wesley as a starter at this stage.

Blasting Wesley, well, he's shite, I seriously doubt he reads this forum, it's not really doing any harm. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

12 games later and no league goals or assists. Talk to us when he's scored a goal.

Edited by Spray

21 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

And the counterpoint to my point is? I clearly said hopefully he will be replaced ASAP. 

There is no point trying to have any balance on this. Lol

I've tried to say pretty much the same, but for the most part, if you don't buy into the myth that it's his fault the whole team is shit then you're deluded.

For arguments sake, even if Kodjia started, and did what he did for us in form in the Championship (Create and score wondergoals out of nothing) it would still mask how absolutely turd the rest of the team have been. (Now obviously scoring goals even with shit performances is better than not scoring any at all) - This is what was happening when Bruce was here.

However, many a time I've witnessed Kodjia create goals out of nothing, and at the same time costing us a win or draw by spinning and stepping over 100 times instead of passing to a teammate open on goal.

Basically IMO, if Kodjia was starting, we might score more goals, but we would still lose, difference being they would probably be more score losses/draws.

"But at least the ball would stick up to more", yes perhaps.

However we would still get sliced open through the middle, or as our recent specialty, literally just pass it to the opposition or leave acres of space around our box when "it wasn't stuck up top".

You can perform well with an "impotent striker" and still get goals from the rest of the team.

All that being said I think Davis would currently offer more, but this nonsense of where the kid "missing a chance" - also a good save causes another mini meltdown is hilarious.

You would think other players have never missed a chance before, the drama simply comes from who missed the "sitter".

Goalpost then moved from "can't even get a shot in target" to "missed a sitter", in reality a cross which was probably headed down from a move he actually started and did well in. (How many headers are actually "sitters"?)

You can even miss those on FIFA ffs.

Maybe it's less of Smith being thick, and more thinking, however "shit" he may look, he still offers more overall than Kodjia would.

In fairness I think starting both would have helped both their causes no end.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

That header was harder to miss once he got there. Bounce it off your face it'll go in nine times out of ten.

Taking fee into account, the worst Villa signing ever. 

Worst striker in the league. Can't think of many worse players to be honest.

Confidence has now drained from the whole side due to us getting hardly any points from some fairly decent performances.

If we'd signed any old average **** we'd have more points and he'd have about 8 or 9 goals by now. Jay Rodriguez, Ashley Barnes, Neal Maupay, Danny Ings, Andy Carroll, Karlan Grant, any of them. Anyone who knows how to play football.

Dean Smith is probably going to lose his job soon. Jack Grealish is definitely going to leave soon. Wes will still be here, occupying defenders and being in the wrong place for 89 minutes of every single match.

I can only hope the new coach comes in, wonders what the hell he's doing in the first team and sends him off to the under 18s to learn how to control and kick a football.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Davkaus said:

No, he doesn't.

He's a lazy waste of space. Compare him casually jogging towards the ball to how Watford's front 3 harassed and attacked our defenders when they had the ball.

The "Wesley works hard" meme can get ****, the bloke's a **** waster. 

Hey, I'm not saying that his best equates to good enough but I'm just saying he tries his best and it's not his fault he keeps getting picked. He should of been dropped a long time ago but Smith keeps picking him and it's obvious to everyone that Wesley isn't up to it so I think it's short sighted to get angry at him and would be better off blaming the manager than the player.

Â