Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s an embarrassment of a football player. Whoever scouted this absolute turgid excuse for a striker needs to be hung.

Loan him out, sell him, sack him. Doesn’t matter. The sooner he is away from our club the better. 

For anyone defending him, just remember that he’s one of, if not the main reason Grealish won’t be playing in a Villa shirt this year. 

Most players I can support when they’re bad, this bloke, I genuinely dislike.

F*** OFF YOU USELESS LUMP OF S***.

We have to sack him ( as well as DS for starting him in every game ) no one is going to buy him or take him on loan are they ?

5 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

The constant whinging about Wesley is getting tiresome. He started playing football at the age of 14. So to get where he has within 8 years is remarkable. And how many Wesley haters have scored in the Champions League????  And what did Kodjia do today? Apart from being on his heels a few times?

Wesley is struggling we’ll address it hopefully ASAP by bringing a new face in. 

Dont forget he scored against the Liverpool under 23s.I bet if we played their under 12s he might score a hat trick

How is he still starting for us? 12 games without a goal and we are still playing him.

Every team in this relegation fight has a striker who presses for mistakes, poaches any chance and snaps at the heels of defenders. Wesley lumbers around offering absolutely nothing to our gameplay.

I just can't understand how Kodjia hasn't been given 90 minutes over this period. There's arguments why he wouldn't do well, but he hasn't even been given the chance. Ridiculous.

I honestly think Hogan would offer us more right now, and I don't say that lightly.

• Like 4

Some of the criticism is way over the top. People expect him to be like Benteke who kept us up by himself.

Wes shows some decent hold up/lay offs at times, and glimpses of other good traits. But it's clear that he's not good enough to lead the line by himself, at the moment. 

The fact that he rearly attacks the box. While our play is so focused around playing it out wide and putting in crosses. It's not going to work. It doesn't help having wide men who's way out of form/good enough either. And a manager who persist playing 4-3-3. 

Putting the whole responsibility on him has been a huge mistake. Not giving Kodjia a go from the start either to relieve som pressure or as an attempt to try something else, is baffling to me. 

Wes is a young player and a new country and new league. Who's been given an unthankful task. I hope he doesn't become the sole focus point of our frustrations. 

Hopefully something will happen in January in terms of strikers. 

9 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Some of the criticism is way over the top. People expect him to be like Benteke who kept us up by himself.

Wes shows some decent hold up/lay offs at times, and glimpses of other good traits. But it's clear that he's not good enough to lead the line by himself, at the moment. 

The fact that he rearly attacks the box. While our play is so focused around playing it out wide and putting in crosses. It's not going to work. It doesn't help having wide men who's way out of form/good enough either. And a manager who persist playing 4-3-3. 

Putting the whole responsibility on him has been a huge mistake. Not giving Kodjia a go from the start either to relieve som pressure or as an attempt to try something else, is baffling to me. 

Wes is a young player and a new country and new league. Who's been given an unthankful task. I hope he doesn't become the sole focus point of our frustrations. 

Bullshit

• Like 4

Few people expected him to create his own goals out of nothing and single handedly keep us up. If you did, more fool you.

I didn't expect him to make Keinan Davis look like a good option, though.

He's averaging 0.8 shots on target per game over the course of the season, for **** sake. If you take out the game against Norwich's reserves, it's significantly worse, one shot on target every 2 games.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Wesley has to be taken out of the firing line for the next match. Give the lad some time on the sidelines and offer someone else the opportunity.

Yep, this stint has not gone as many may have hoped - he has tremendous potential still, but needs someone to compete for his place and to learn from - not sure that's Kodjia. 

30 minutes ago, Skruff said:

I think most of us are just expecting him to do the basics, be a bit more consistent and be more of a goal threat. He's pretty much failing in every category that a even a half decent striker should have.

Just now, Jareth said:

Yep, this stint has not gone as many may have hoped - he has tremendous potential still, but needs someone to compete for his place and to learn from - not sure that's Kodjia. 

Based on evidence he really doesn't have 'tremendous potential'. He might become a half decent target man, that's all I can see.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Skruff said:

I for one was hoping for, and expecting something similar to Benteke. 

But hey, good post! 

I was hoping but expecting is nonsense. Benteke scored 19 goals in his first year with us, no one was expecting that from Wesley. And you seem to indicate that it's this expectation that is leading to the criticism.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Based on evidence he really doesn't have 'tremendous potential'. He might become a half decent target man, that's all I can see.

Yeah, I'm struggling to see what the potential is. 

He isn't fast. He isn't skillful. 

What is the potential for? At the moment his potential seems to be a better version of Davis. I see no potential that he will be a consistent scorer or threat at this level. 

He’s the kind of player that can “do a job” in certain circumstances. A bit like Heskey in the twilight of his career. 

What he isn’t is a starting every week no matter who and how we’re playing striker. 

We desperately need someone better. January is a crap time to be signing players but we need at least two attackers. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I was hoping but expecting is nonsense. Benteke scored 19 goals in his first year with us, no one was expecting that from Wesley. And you seem to indicate that it's this expectation that is leading to the criticism.

True.

Yes I was in refrence to the criticism that's way over the top where he's the epitomises of everything that's going wrong. He's not beyond criticism, far from it. Some are accurate and on point.

59 minutes ago, Skruff said:

I think the setup yesterday was meant to help. I was actually quite pleased for a little while. (A more narrow formation with players cutting inside and through the middle more)

Then we imploded.

29 minutes ago, Skruff said:

True.

Yes I was in refrence to the criticism that's way over the top where he's the epitomises of everything that's going wrong. He's not beyond criticism, far from it. Some are accurate and on point.

I think he's our main issue, absolutely no doubt. 

His lack of ability prevents us from building attacks. We are under pressure because he can't run over the top or down channels to help us relieve that pressure. 

And our defence will always be under pressure because we are a newly promoted team and our main attacker offers no threat on goal. 

Put Tammy in this team and I think we look completely different. 

Wesley is without a doubt our major issue at the moment. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think he's our main issue, absolutely no doubt. 

His lack of ability prevents us from building attacks. We are under pressure because he can't run over the top or down channels to help us relieve that pressure. 

And our defence will always be under pressure because we are a newly promoted team and our main attacker offers no threat on goal. 

Put Tammy in this team and I think we look completely different. 

Wesley is without a doubt our major issue at the moment. 

I noticed Luiz made some brilliant passes into the channels/in behind their defence last match sadly there wasnt a single player making the run. Hence he more or less gave to ball away freely. 

Â