Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Lexicon seemed to rate Gueye.  Get him looking for our new CDM!

As for Wesley,  if we can get our money back on him, I'd consider selling.  We have no idea if he'll come back and get to the level he was when we signed him,  and it eliminates the risk we're stuck with am asset that is worthless.

I hope, however, he comes good and saves us needing to look for another striker. If we can't get our investment back (maybe even more to cover some of the wages),  then no point moving him on and would like to see what we can get out of him. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

We won't get our money back, we effectively inflated his fee to the £22m or whatever it was to get it to a position where it was stomachable but got the points for his visa. It was an investment in him coming good. We'd probably get £12mish for him now at best.

He didn't look a world beater but he got 6 goals in his few months in the league, he was a bit unlucky and a bit too easily frustrated. He did have some poor games but the Everton game showed he could do it. I would like to see more of him in a Villa shirt and hope he can fulfill some potential because I think he has it in him. 

A few cameos next year and maybe the early cup stages. We aren't getting our money back so may aswell give him a fair crack at it.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

On 07/06/2021 at 01:16, MrBlack said:

Lexicon seemed to rate Gueye.  Get him looking for our new CDM!

As for Wesley,  if we can get our money back on him, I'd consider selling.  We have no idea if he'll come back and get to the level he was when we signed him,  and it eliminates the risk we're stuck with am asset that is worthless.

I hope, however, he comes good and saves us needing to look for another striker. If we can't get our investment back (maybe even more to cover some of the wages),  then no point moving him on and would like to see what we can get out of him. 

He was great tbf. 

• Like 1

Really hope this kid can get himself in top condition and form and really make a name for himself here… 

Hoping he can come on against Burnley and score a hat trick, elbowing Ben Mee and knocking a few teeth out as he scores a towering header!

People talking about getting investment back etc.. 2 years of his transfer fee have been amortised already with 3 remaining. So if we sold him for anything over 13.2m we'd make a net profit in this year's accounts and cut any wages from our books.

I still feel a loan is the best option for him to get some match sharpness back. I wouldn't be opposed to send him to the Championship till January or for a season if we sign another Centre Forward

On 13/06/2021 at 12:48, CVByrne said:

People talking about getting investment back etc.. 2 years of his transfer fee have been amortised already with 3 remaining. So if we sold him for anything over 13.2m we'd make a net profit in this year's accounts and cut any wages from our books.

I still feel a loan is the best option for him to get some match sharpness back. I wouldn't be opposed to send him to the Championship till January or for a season if we sign another Centre Forward

Best option for sure.

He's not going to ever get over his injury playing 20 mins a month.

At the absolute minimum he should be starting every game for the U23s if he isn't going to go on loan.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPspO1CF0hK/

He’s clearly virile. 

Maybe I’m out of touch, but what an odd way to post about a pregnancy: ‘right, love, let’s get some mini shoes, the positive pregnancy test, oh and can you put your bikini on?’

Anyway, I hope he gets firing again. Oh wait…he is…

• Like 1

I'm very much looking forward to seeing him back in action. Much maligned, some I get, most I don't - but he barely arrived before he was out injured. It's going to be a tough road but I hope shows what he's made of.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPspO1CF0hK/

He’s clearly virile. 

Maybe I’m out of touch, but what an odd way to post about a pregnancy: ‘right, love, let’s get some mini shoes, the positive pregnancy test, oh and can you put your bikini on?’

Anyway, I hope he gets firing again. Oh wait…he is…

Each to their own I guess but I have to agree.  Not very classy. 

Anyway hope he comes good but I can’t see it if being honest. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

No shirt number for him or AEG, Young and Konsa have one

Doesn’t seem to be any numbers on any of the vests ( later pics with young) just on tees an warm up tops

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

No shirt number for him or AEG, Young and Konsa have one

That might just be the vest shirts. Wes doesn't have a number either. Maybe because the vest shirts probably aren't going to be used most of the season they didn't bother with the numbers. 

Â