Kalvin Phillips

StefanAVFC

3 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Phillips is a good player but 30m is a ridiculous valuation.

Instead of him we’ve basically got Douglas, Konsa and Jota.

Not exactly a difficult decision.

Exactly.  15m freed up for other signings.

Pep rates him that alone 

56 minutes ago, Skruff said:

He played in La liga. 

Let's look at the two. Stats are per 90 min played(Squawka). Sqawaka have them both registered for far fewer games then whoscored.com. Think this might be down to which matches opta cover. 

Phillips(21macthes) vs Luiz(10 matches). 

Per 90 minutes played. 

Passing:

Forward passes: 14.67 vs 12.79

Long balls: 6.61 vs 5.75

Avg pass length:  0.97 vs 2.17 

Chances created: 0.68 vs 1.06

Defensive:

Total blocks : 1.93 vs 2.35 

Total clearances: 4.42 vs 2.58 

Interceptions: 2.03 vs 2.23 

Tackles won: 2.18 vs 1.53 

Dispossess: 0.94 vs 1.64 

Ariel duels won: 4.58 vs 4.34 

Other:

Sucessfull take ons: 0.78 vs 2.46 

Fouls suffered: 1.09 vs 3.05 

Not the best sample size. I imagine the statistics  looks a bit different at whoscored. Easier to make a comparison at squawaka tho. Make of it what you will. 

They look quite similar in most aspects. The stand out is the amount they get fouled and successful take ons. 

This is great thanks. 

Very small sample size aside, he's appears to be a more dynamic player for sure. I'd be interested to see running stats. Distance covered, sprint speed, that kind of thing. Though it's clear from the above he's not spending a lot of time standing around. 

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Spanish division 2? Be honest you've probably watched as many YouTube videos of him the last couple of days as the rest of us

He doesn't get near Phillips for tackles per game stats that I can see

At least get your facts right.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Even with Douglas I would really like us to sign him, however it might be worth waiting until deadline day and bidding what we think he is worth and not what Leeds want. 

The valuations being touted are ridiculous. I'm guessing that Leeds probably do need the money, but much like us with Grealish last year, the money is pointless to Leeds because they wont able to replace Phillips with equal or better quality. 

I'm also guessing that Bielsa is a massive pull, Phillips is in no rush and Leeds will consider themselves contenders next season. 

Phillips himself should think about it. His career could end tomorrow with injury, he could have a stinker of season and not get the opportunity next season to sign for a better club. Leeds could fail again (like Bielsa's teams always have done) and he'll be stuck trying to stand out in league where it is really difficult to stand out. We are a bigger club than Leeds (sorry Leeds fans, I'm a partisan Villa fanatic).

He's an interesting player, but he's not worth throwing stupid money at.

Edited by PompeyVillan

• 2 weeks later...

It's Alan Nixon so probably not true, but...

"

KALVIN PHILLIPS could put the freeze on Leeds - to make sure he gets a move to Aston Villa.

The Premier League new-boys are refusing to go beyond their latest offer of £15million.

"

The Sun

I made a really good suggestion yesterday of signing him, and in order to get the deal done for a lower price loan him back to them for a season, as Spurs did with Clark, that way if Man City activate their buyback clause for Luiz, at least we'd have a ready made replacement.

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Zero chance we are going for both. This Phillips talk is nonsense most likely. 

ye probably, just saying they are different types of players.

But i agree, if we get Nakamba i highly doubt we will be signing any more central midfield types.

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

How much have you seen either play? 

Probably 1 more than the other but in fairness and think that's not bad , Phillips is a beast , Marv sounds good

Marvelous has played more games as a DM than both Phillips and Luiz put together, he can play further forward, but DM is his main position.

Edited by useless

Â