Kalvin Phillips

StefanAVFC

Leeds are far from guaranteed promotion, twelve games in and they're only three points ahead of Bristol City in nineth place so they're hardly running away with things. Next summer they're obliged to pay £15m for Costa, so if they don't come up they're going to have to sell someone to fund that.

Started watching him a bit more this season after the links in the summer. I agree he reads the game well and has good positional and passing ability. With his set pieces he reminds me a little of Hourihane although of course got better defensive ability.

Anyway given he's homegrown I imagine it's similar to Grealish, will give them one more year but he really needs to be playing in premier league this time next year.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Think this ship has sailed and not sure if we really need him?  Also, Leeds and Albion will get promoted this season barring disaster, as the Championship is quite poor.

No way Leeds will sell at the end of the season if promoted either.  

If Leeds don't go up, he'll go. If City buy Luiz at the buy back price, we'll need a replacement so there's always that scenario.

Â